Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2018, 06:28 PM   #1

Is this common or do we have bad luck (shower hose attachment breakage)

I wouldn’t call our use abusive. We’re only on about day 10 of our useage of our new coach. My DW was adjusting the height and the head of the shower fell down. No big deal. Except, it pulled hard on the plastic holder-ring that is screwed into the shower. As you can see in the pic, it’s not pretty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	98736527-7239-42EB-AF43-CC46108B472F.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	207521  
ls1ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2018, 06:37 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1ashley View Post
I wouldn’t call our use abusive. We’re only on about day 10 of our useage of our new coach. My DW was adjusting the height and the head of the shower fell down. No big deal. Except, it pulled hard on the plastic holder-ring that is screwed into the shower. As you can see in the pic, it’s not pretty.
Since the MH is new, sounds like a warranty issue. take it back to the dealership. I would think the wall bracket would be designed better. We full time for the last 4 years, Minor problems, but none like that. Many many showers.. Just my 2 cents.
kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:33 PM   #3

They didn’t put anything behind the wall for he screws to go into or the ring was installed in the wrong place. Will be interesting how the do a permanent fix. Don’t settle for a couple of expansion plugs. Will probably leak. Had a similar problem with the towel bar. Not as bad since I don’t have to worry about water.
rcflyer1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #4

Yes it is common for wives to do simple things that result in issues that cause husbands endless hours of unnecessary chores.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G View Post
Yes it is common for wives to do simple things that result in issues that cause husbands endless hours of unnecessary chores.
omg ; massive can of worms here ! Annnnnd you know my wife

Tags
shower