Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2019, 07:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
my first coach was a coachman.... company would not communicate me at all. not by email. nor by phone... that was a 17 model during the first year...

i'm glad to hear that things are so great over at rev and HR>... that is wonderful for all the HR folks and other rev customers.. it will draw purchasers to those brands..
they will become famous on internet forums for their wonderful service... folks will send accolades and flowers, showering rev on and on... just pretend that i typed 2 pages of glowing rev info... i don't have a clue, just following op brag..

i heard tiffin was great with factory service... so i ordered a 18 model year and traded in the coachman... i loved it... i could call tiffin and talk to service folks!! what a difference... most of the time they would explain how to correct problem i had caused!! so, then near the end of my warranty, i went to red bay and followed instructions... *important factor!
i was told it would be a couple of days... but the next morning i got a call..

" sir, can you take your coach to bay XX?" and i asked "when?" and lady said "right now!" so i did... and all my concerns were fixed.

well the bride wanted a few changes... and additions. and the best thing was to just trade and get the extra bathroom and the other items... where do you think we looked... ???
sure wasn't coachman...

yep... we went for another tiffin...

this thread sounds like the attacks on a certain politician. "i heard that a friend said that his 3rd cousin heard that the politician told someone something mean, but i'm not going to say who i am, nor where i heard the horrible news. "

enjoy your HR... congrats... if more folks buy HR s we'll get quicker service in red bay.... and both company's will benefit from the competition! and so will the owners...
In other words "Tiffin is helping to keep America great!".
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2019, 07:29 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
We are currently in Red Bay. We arrived Sept 25, a Wednesday, and was in an express bay on Monday. They repaired all our little stuff easily in 3 hours (yes.... with 2 techs). They found more things and repaired that as well all under warranty. We then had to wait for the paint bay to get some stress cracks around headlights repaired. During the wait we found other issues and we were scheduled in to have those attended to.

They just started the paint work. Hope to be finished mid to end of next week.

All techs were great and fixed things that I was sure not covered but they fixed no charge.

We are not in the Service Campground, but are 1.5 miles away in full hookup. Not a luxury campground but we stay in it overnight and drive to whatever bay required when asked.

Overall the wait is a pain. The work has been great. And the staff (except for one guy) has been exceptional.
HiwaysByways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:22 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioWayne View Post
Went to Red Bay last week of June for warranty work. 3 pieces or floor tile,which L/Days had already replaced without finding the cause, 1/2 bath wall flexing, surround sound which was wired wrong, and about 4 other problems. Arrived on Sunday and checked in at registration. No one spoke to me until Tuesday to schedule the express bay for the minor problems. Then to fix the fuel fill problem I had to wait until an opening in the chassis shop. Wednesday went to chassis where an attempt to fix the rt fuel fill hose going to the tank, which I had already zip tied the hose for a temporary fix with heavy zip ties. Attempted to fix the rear engine access which now is worse than before their fix, added antifreeze without checking why. I had to have a transmission coolant tank shipped to Ohio to fix the coolant leak to fix that problem. Had to wait until Friday to get the tile work done and slide roller replaced and had to wait for tile to set till Monday and then I had to wait to get into cabinet shop to work on the flexing wall. Tuesday I went in and kept asking why it was taking so long and was told 1/2 the work force had already left for holiday, Grrr. Finally they agreed to work on the wall outside and Iwas determined to leave that afternoon, which I did.
Registration desk called to see where I was as I was supposed to check out and pay for the 10 days of camping as my coach had over 13,000 miles and they said I owed almost $300. I said to bill it to Tiffin.
Sorry for long post but I have never had such poor service and workmanship in a coach. This does not include the 4 trips to L/Days for other repairs and repairs I did myself including fan idler pulley replacement.
Your leaving without checking out and paying your bill tells me all I need to know about your complaints.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:55 AM   #18

Some observations:
Red Bay, went though the plant on the plant tour. Totally messy. Trash on the assembly floor. Just not "ship, shape".
Looked at the parking spaces for working on Tiffin coaches. FULL.
Decatur, had an issue that I needed to have looked at. Stayed overnight in their service camping area. Only five coaches in the area. Called in the next morning and was out by 1:00PM. Very good service.
Went to the REV plant. Very clean and organized. Very good vibes from the
assembly workers.
Truly a different look than at Tiffin. (I was a CPA and in doing audits, I always
looked at the company operations to see what was important to the management-clean facilities-good audit).
Regards,
JimB
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:53 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
true

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctox View Post
Your leaving without checking out and paying your bill tells me all I need to know about your complaints.
Sorry guess I should have explained my feelings about not being able to make an appointment for warranty service and not expecting to be charged for camping while I was there for the warranty repairs.
Needing warranty work that L/Days didn't have a clue how to fix properly. I was told by Tiffin service to bring it to Red Bay for the repairs.
Since it is a 2018 45OPP purchased new from L/Days in Tampa and needing the coach for my business I had to go to Lake George N.Y. and Lake Eufaula, Al. for work before I could go to Red Bay.
I had already spent a total of 6 weeks at L/Days for repairs and unlike many others I still have a business to operate and my time hanging out for over a week in Red Bay was not on my schedule. I have purchased several other new m/h and I never had a warranty repair that I couldn't make an appointment at either the dealer or manufacturer.
No one mentioned checking out of the campground before I left or that I was expected to pay to stay there while I was there getting warranty work done on my unit.
OhioWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:17 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
my first coach was a coachman.... company would not communicate me at all. not by email. nor by phone... that was a 17 model during the first year...

i'm glad to hear that things are so great over at rev and HR>... that is wonderful for all the HR folks and other rev customers.. it will draw purchasers to those brands..
they will become famous on internet forums for their wonderful service... folks will send accolades and flowers, showering rev on and on... just pretend that i typed 2 pages of glowing rev info... i don't have a clue, just following op brag..

i heard tiffin was great with factory service... so i ordered a 18 model year and traded in the coachman... i loved it... i could call tiffin and talk to service folks!! what a difference... most of the time they would explain how to correct problem i had caused!! so, then near the end of my warranty, i went to red bay and followed instructions... *important factor!
i was told it would be a couple of days... but the next morning i got a call..

" sir, can you take your coach to bay XX?" and i asked "when?" and lady said "right now!" so i did... and all my concerns were fixed.

well the bride wanted a few changes... and additions. and the best thing was to just trade and get the extra bathroom and the other items... where do you think we looked... ???
sure wasn't coachman...

yep... we went for another tiffin...

this thread sounds like the attacks on a certain politician. "i heard that a friend said that his 3rd cousin heard that the politician told someone something mean, but i'm not going to say who i am, nor where i heard the horrible news. "

enjoy your HR... congrats... if more folks buy HR s we'll get quicker service in red bay.... and both company's will benefit from the competition! and so will the owners...

I started with a coachmen too, what a nightmare. Glad i have a Tiffin now.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:31 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Opposite view

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDISCOVERY View Post
Some observations:
Red Bay, went though the plant on the plant tour. Totally messy. Trash on the assembly floor. Just not "ship, shape".
Looked at the parking spaces for working on Tiffin coaches. FULL.
Decatur, had an issue that I needed to have looked at. Stayed overnight in their service camping area. Only five coaches in the area. Called in the next morning and was out by 1:00PM. Very good service.
Went to the REV plant. Very clean and organized. Very good vibes from the
assembly workers.
Truly a different look than at Tiffin. (I was a CPA and in doing audits, I always
looked at the company operations to see what was important to the management-clean facilities-good audit).
Regards,
JimB
Surprised at this . . Our experience was completely different. Visited the REV Factory in early August of this year and came away very disappointed. They did let us stay in the company parking lot (w/ electric) which was nice but the factory was nothing like we expected. No real assembly line, no two coaches the same, techs cutting and pasting to make things fit, junk (left overs) everywhere, techs sitting on unfinished floors splicing/wiring boxes and a complete sense that you would be lucky to get anything well made on that 'line'. Too much trash everywhere to be able to walk safely anywhere (constantly reminded to watch out for . .) and could not even get to the diesel line, only the gasers. Came away saying we would never buy something from Rev being build like that - we'll stay with our 2004 HR Vacationer. YMMW
US Navy - Vietnam Swiftboat Vet - PCF 102, PCF-62
Steve43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:36 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
That is one advantage of buying a used MH, I didn't expect any warranty work and found a good local RV repair shop that does great work at a fair price.

Just one more advantage of being a 'tightwad'!
btolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:10 AM   #23

Could not agree more
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHo Dave View Post
I'll start by saying I don't own a Tiffin, I have a HR Navigator DP. My best friend just bought a 40' used 2015 Tiffin DP. Had a couple of issues he needed to have addressed and I suggested he take it Red Bay as we both live in MN for the summers and FL in the winters so it's not really that far out of his way. So he asked how that works. I said well, for mine, REV Group which owns HR is in Decatur, IN. I had several things that I wanted them to look at so last January I called and made an appointment for April on my way back up to MN. I picked a convenient date for me, they scheduled 16 hours and said I could hook up to electric and stay at their facility. So my friend calls Tiffin and is told he can't make a reservation. He has to just show up and when he gets there they'll give him the next available time. He just got there a couple of days ago and was told he would have to wait 5 days, he could only schedule a 3 hour block of time, and since his coach is 'to old', he can't stay on campus. It's a 2015!!!!!! Apparently the cut off is currently 2016. So he's staying in a campground 40 miles away for almost a week so he can get in for 3 hours!!!!! If they can't fix it in his allotted time frame does he have to go to the back of the line again to schedule another 3 hours 4 or 5 days out? If this is true, it's a [Mod Edit] way to treat your customers IMHO and it would definetly prevent me from ever buying a Tiffin. Is this really how they operate?????
Dave

Tiffin not supporting a service reservation system and instead expecting an owner to show up at Red Bay and get in line and hang out for the next available opportunity is unacceptable to me and is yet another reason I will never buy a in-warranty Tiffin coach. I work for a living. I can't travel to Red Bay and hang out doing nothing for an unknown number of days waiting for service.

Our coach is out of warranty and, as mentioned in many posts on IRV, I can't reasonably expect any competent or timely service from our local dealership. Pretty much, if it's not an engine or chassis-specific issue, I've got to fix whatever problems come along myself. The lack of available service is in a sad state in the RV industry.
Revconguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:51 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
Actually, their system works fairly well. I pulled into the campground on a Wednesday afternoon this past June. I was in a bay on Friday AM with all issues resolved by 1PM. I used Thursday to have a couple of Freightliner warranty issues resolved at Bay Diesel.

What other service center will schedule you for service within two days?
Prevost. Newell.

I'm confused has to how people are saying Tiffin is such a great manufacturer. If their product was so great there wouldn't be this amount of wait time trying to get service. You'd be able to call up on Monday and have service within a week. This is ridiculous.
DKB218NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #26

Wow look at this, all this discussion cause some who ones a different brand wanted to stir Tiffin owners up. And he cant shoot towards me since I own both a Tiffin and an HR and will take a Tiffin any day. i am outa here on this thread
Old 10-07-2019, 12:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by grthigpen View Post
Wow look at this, all this discussion cause some who ones a different brand wanted to stir Tiffin owners up. And he cant shoot towards me since I own both a Tiffin and an HR and will take a Tiffin any day. i am outa here on this thread
And they're so proud of what they have they don't even have it in their profile. I call them zombie posters. Probably customer relation employees of SOB.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:25 AM   #28

Welcome to the tiffin world.....
Tiffin1 is offline   Reply With Quote