Originally Posted by candaadams
How do you get to the latch on the back of the drawer on the island to change broken latch?
You're probably not going to like the answer. My arms aren't nearly that long either. So:
- Take all the drawers out.
- Pull out the island and support it on anything handy. Our foldable stool plus the Good Sam campground book are about perfect on ours.
- Release all four of the slides for the island and remove it. Have something handy to put it down on. It's not really, really heavy but it's awkward because it's big.
- Remove and replace the broken latch.
- Put it all back together.
I pulled ours out to install a camlock for it, since ours hadn't come with one. Instead it had two hooks for a bungee cord. I put in the camlock, put it all back together, and found...a broken drawer latch. The bungee had been holding all the drawers shut, too, not just the island. So I got to take it all out again. Sigh.
While it's out, you have the opportunity to find lost stuff and clean back there, which I suppose is an upside.