Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2022, 10:01 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Island Drawer on 2008 Allegro Bus

How do you get to the latch on the back of the drawer on the island to change broken latch?
candaadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2022, 01:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by candaadams View Post
How do you get to the latch on the back of the drawer on the island to change broken latch?
You're probably not going to like the answer. My arms aren't nearly that long either. So:

- Take all the drawers out.
- Pull out the island and support it on anything handy. Our foldable stool plus the Good Sam campground book are about perfect on ours.
- Release all four of the slides for the island and remove it. Have something handy to put it down on. It's not really, really heavy but it's awkward because it's big.
- Remove and replace the broken latch.
- Put it all back together.

I pulled ours out to install a camlock for it, since ours hadn't come with one. Instead it had two hooks for a bungee cord. I put in the camlock, put it all back together, and found...a broken drawer latch. The bungee had been holding all the drawers shut, too, not just the island. So I got to take it all out again. Sigh.

While it's out, you have the opportunity to find lost stuff and clean back there, which I suppose is an upside.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:38 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
thanks so much
candaadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 06:49 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Are you wanting to change one of the drawer locking latches or the locking assembly for the entire pull out? If it is one of the drawer latches, I recently went through this. Instead of removing and replacing the latch in the back of the cabinet I simply installed a new one on the front of the drawer. I put it on the right side, attached to the front frame of the cabinet. Does not interfere with the broken one in the back and the drawer lines up with the others when closed and latched.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 03:57 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I'm looking at a 2008 42 QRP Bus tomorrow to purchase any advice? New to buying RV. If I like it I'm going to have inspection done!
joinerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 08:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joinerc View Post
I'm looking at a 2008 42 QRP Bus tomorrow to purchase any advice? New to buying RV. If I like it I'm going to have inspection done!
This needs to be in a separate post, you will get more answers that way.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 05:03 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by joinerc View Post
Very nice! Did you like what you saw? Thoughts?
pete5016 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, allegro bus