Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2021, 12:57 PM   #1

Issues

Some quality issues I had on my ‘20 Wayfarer TW:
Wiring for the two front BigFoot jacks were hanging across the driveshaft, eventually wearing through & causing problems. The fronts wouldn’t retract all the way, and the All Up light came on anyway. A larger highway dip demonstrated that I should always visually verify they’re all up regardless of the stupid light telling me they are!
Gas supply hose to the refrigerator was routed in such a way that it was kinked. The fridge eventually quit working in that mode...hard lesson with a full fridge!
The motion sensor for the awning was set at a level such that closing the entry door would send the awning to retract.
Overhead cabinet doors in the bedroom have inadequate hinge design. (Yours could be different than my TW) The cabinet doors with hinges on the top edge do not have adequate anchoring for the hinges. The entire cabinet frame would flex when I opened the bigger doors (with 3 hinges) to the point that I was afraid it would cause damage. Upon further inspection, all 3 hinges on one door were secured with only a single screw each. This was one reason the hinges themselves were starting the crack. I had to make wooden blocks to fill in behind the cabinet frame and properly use 4 screws on that side.
MB wet wiper system doesn’t work all the time when it’s colder outside. This has nothing to do with the fluid freezing. At first, the washer system would only work above approximately 47 degrees outside. One my last trip, it was intermittent above and below that temp. I took it to the dealer twice. Their expert troubleshooting prognosis was “it worked when we tried it”. Unbelievable. I tried to acquire the wiring diagrams for that system from them, only to find out “we don’t have those”. Very unbelievable. I’m still fighting with this one.
When I pull a trailer (or my toad car), the running lights stay on after I park for the night. I have to physically unplug the trailer wiring from the rig to get the trailer lights to turn off.
The module just failed for the entry steps...right after the warranty expired (of course). $170 part.
One of the bedroom drawers at the floor level never stayed closed when driving. I had the dealer work this, but I had to go in & do it right myself.
If you leave the tankless water heater on when driving (cold weather), it tends to fault trip after awhile, so check it often in case you need to reset.
On my last trip to Colorado in January, I woke up twice to a furnace not working. At first I suspected the LP quantity gage was lying to me, so I packed up & ran into town to fill up. The gage wasn’t lying, I had lots of gas left. It did it again the very next morning...I lit the stove burners & cranked up the electric heater to max, then the furnace finally kicked on. Not sure what’s going on with it yet...wondering if there’s a heat exchanger that got too cold overnight?
I’m sure this isn’t the end of it, but what I had after one year.
PeteS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2021, 04:08 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Concerning your propane furnace not operating in cold temps. There was a good possibility that the regulator iced up, especially if you had “warm weather” propane in the tank.
garykk is online now   Reply With Quote