Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2022, 06:54 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Issues with 2022 Allegro Bus 45OPP at show

Yesterday we attended the 2022 Tampa RV Show and toured several motorhomes from Tiffin, Newmar, and Entegra. As a Tiffin Bus owner, I appreciate the many things that influenced me to purchase a Tiffin in the first place. However, in the 12 years since my bus was built they are still doing some sub-standard wiring practices especially in the front and rear of the bus. I always thought the area behind my generator was a mess but in 2022 it looks the same!! What happened to improvement?? Tiffin seems to have issues with chassis wiring fit and finish and over time results in problems for the owner. Pictured is the generator area with loose wires, uncut ty-wraps, several bundles of excess wire, and wire falling out of the loom. It is good quality high temp loom but without either tape or ty-wrap, wire will just fall out with a simple bend as can be seen in the picture. There are wires hung from chassis across the generator to the lights in the gen apron that should have been run along the side of the generator. Very frustrating to see

The cabinet doors have changed latching hardware through the years and I noticed with the larger doors, the pulls were at the bottom while the magnet was at the top. This results in some serious pulling on the door flexing the frame. Despite having a tug-of-war to open the door, this canít be good on the frame over time. On the tall narrow pantry drawers, I noticed other manufactures have gone to a door with pull out shelves. This seems to be a more durable solution than having the whole assembly pull out. Mine is only counter height but I have had to repair and secure the frame on it and the counter pullout. While the drawer slides used are heavy duty enough, how they are mounted and what they are mounted to is the issue. Tiffin also use an exterior latch at the top of these pullouts which IMO looked tacky plus required two hands to open.

While I love my Bus and all of the newness of these coaches draws me in more, someone in Red Bay needs step up to the plate!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gen Area.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	354369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gen Area2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	354370  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gen Area3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	354371  
DiddyPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2022, 05:10 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddyPnut View Post
Yesterday we attended the 2022 Tampa RV Show and toured several motorhomes from Tiffin, Newmar, and Entegra. As a Tiffin Bus owner, I appreciate the many things that influenced me to purchase a Tiffin in the first place. However, in the 12 years since my bus was built they are still doing some sub-standard wiring practices especially in the front and rear of the bus. I always thought the area behind my generator was a mess but in 2022 it looks the same!! What happened to improvement?? Tiffin seems to have issues with chassis wiring fit and finish and over time results in problems for the owner. Pictured is the generator area with loose wires, uncut ty-wraps, several bundles of excess wire, and wire falling out of the loom. It is good quality high temp loom but without either tape or ty-wrap, wire will just fall out with a simple bend as can be seen in the picture. There are wires hung from chassis across the generator to the lights in the gen apron that should have been run along the side of the generator. Very frustrating to see

The cabinet doors have changed latching hardware through the years and I noticed with the larger doors, the pulls were at the bottom while the magnet was at the top. This results in some serious pulling on the door flexing the frame. Despite having a tug-of-war to open the door, this canít be good on the frame over time. On the tall narrow pantry drawers, I noticed other manufactures have gone to a door with pull out shelves. This seems to be a more durable solution than having the whole assembly pull out. Mine is only counter height but I have had to repair and secure the frame on it and the counter pullout. While the drawer slides used are heavy duty enough, how they are mounted and what they are mounted to is the issue. Tiffin also use an exterior latch at the top of these pullouts which IMO looked tacky plus required two hands to open.

While I love my Bus and all of the newness of these coaches draws me in more, someone in Red Bay needs step up to the plate!!!
Wiring is definitely not one of Tiffin's strengths. I spent a couple of days cleaning up the wiring in my 2020 Wayfarer after delivery. Failure to secure and provide anti-chaffing measures were the most obvious issues. I saw a lot of the same issues on the coaches at the Show.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 06:00 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ditto on the wiring mess. I've spent a lot of effort securing relatively "heavy" wire bundles that in a few cases were supported by one of the wires in the bundle at the butt splice. Just a mess. Also, when I installed by TST booster, the area underneath the drawer was also a mess. Lots of cut pieces of wire, connectors, wood pieces, etc. just laying in there. I swept it and vacuumed it. Although this didn't cause any issues, it says a lot about the people that wired my coach. Everything visible is tidy, but after taking off covers, looking up under the coach, peeking inside the generator compartment, the workmanship is awful.
Part Timers-Looking Fwd to being Anytimers
thegats1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:51 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We, too were at the 2022 Tampa RV Show and toured many Class A builders and though I dream of a Prevost or Marathon I know that will never happen at least new. I'm not sure if it was my DW and I but the big 3's cabinets just didn't seem close to the quality, construction and feel of wood that ours has along with other older versions. They just seemed cheap IMHO and what I've heard of the quality, price along with the issues of the newer ones coming out the last few years I highly doubt a new one is in our foreseeable future.
We bought our present 2016 Tiffin and must say I was hoping for a lot less problems being about 5 y/o when we bought it last year. We love the layout and the room it has both inside and underneath it. I've spent some time securing wiring outside/underneath the coach since we had it because of the way it was originally setup was yet more problems down the road and in an all electric coach IMO you need to make sure heavy wire wraps aren't causing stress by hanging on other ones especially lighter ones. As for the wiring for the entertainment systems inside the bedroom was deployable on how it's not only routed but how it was setup. I've spent hours trying to make sense of it and untangle the mess. Called Tiffin and this was one place they were no help with answering questions nor able to provide one drawing. In the end I basically took everything apart and setup individual DVRs inside and for the outside. I'm currently working out how to change over the roof top mounted In-motion Traveler antenna and how that's wired so I can change it over to dish but right now trying to make sure it operates at all, so I use my portable Dish which only works in the bedroom right now. I have to figure out that so I can use the other dish receiver we have in the main room. In the end like "thegats1" stated looks nice on the outside but IMHO it could be miles better labeled and setup in the inside. DW is happy keeps me busy....LOL
dmctlc is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, allegro bus