Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2021, 08:58 PM   #1

Keyless entry with lighted handle

Good evening, RV friends,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
Does anyone have any experience working on this?
Was inoperative when we bought our coach about 3 weeks ago.
Number 66 12 volt fuse was popped out ( in the sealed bin under the drivers seat). When it is pushed in it ok for a short time then pops out again.
Does anyone know anything about repairing this ? Or have found any information online about this low voltage panel box?
Would appreciate any help you could give
BarbieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2021, 09:35 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I had to resync all of our key fobs & handle in our 2014 37AP. I suspect you must have a short. I would trace wire from fuse to where it goes out the wall to the handle. Just 2 12v wires.

Here is what I think is your manual. TriMark_installation & instructions.pdf
Old 12-04-2021, 10:03 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply and that manual . Would you know where we could get info or manual for the 12v fuse box? It has a small light on bottom right that is flashing red.
Thank you so much for your help.
BarbieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:41 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
First off, welcome to IRV2!

That small flashing light is the NET port LED for the Spyder system and is flashing fault. It's more than a fuse block, it's a controller for the Spyder. You should have a legend attached to the panel that shows what the circuit breakers are for. The first thing to try is a reboot of the system but turning off all 12v power for a minute then turning it back on. You can find more information on the Spyder panel at: Customer Support | Spyder Company The user name is Tiffin and the PW is Motorhomes (Case Sensitive).
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:05 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I replied to your PM before I read this. Your short might be in the mess of wires in the side console on the PS next to the seat. The wires from the lighted handle and panel are run through a rough hole in the siding and into the area behind this console. You have to remove the top cover and the panel to get to the wires and youíll find they are just stuffed in there.
It took me months working with Tiffin to fix our problem which turned out to be a bad connecter on a Spyder wire. I found the problem myself through a video from Spyder.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:37 PM   #6

Ours just stopped working, when I push the lock button on the handle the cargo doors lock and that’s it.
GregSib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:34 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSib View Post
Ours just stopped working, when I push the lock button on the handle the cargo doors lock and thatís it.
I suggest you reset and reprogram your system. The handle works just like a key fob. It sounds like it forgot that device for that function.

Tags
light