RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #1

Lack of Water problem

2007 Phaeton QSH

I have a problem that has my dealer stumped. I hook up the city water and it works okay for a little bit then stops. I have had the pressure fitting replaced and a new filter installed. I get a lot of air and very little flow. It works somewhat with the water pump on, but there is a lot of air. Is there some sort of check valve possibly stuck? Where could I look? Also, would it have anything to do with my hot water heater?

The dealer says its because of high pressure at the campgrounds. ???

Thanks for the help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Whew!
Sounds like an airlock somewhere...
Have you tried opening your sink tap, hooking up the city water, and then turning the sink off when it's flowing nicely?
That might purge it...

That's all I can suggest, but this post might boost you over to the "active" column where those more expert than I will see it and hopefully chime in!

Good Luck

Francesca

Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have you tried letting the air blow for long time to see if it finally lets water flow? Open all your faucets with the water off outside then turn the outside water on and see what happens---a quick way to purge the lines I think. Your hot waterheater may be empty but I think that would just effect hot water.

Are your valves facing the proper way for city water?---you may just be filling your fresh water tank if not---re check those before you do the above.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #4

I would suggest starting with the outside shower faucet which has the shortest length of piping. If there is an airlock preventing the proper water flow in the kitchen sink, the outside faucet may work properly at least on the cold side.
JackFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #5

Air Bubble in Water Line Fix

Just dealt with similar problem on a week long trip. Took RV out of storage, filled freshwater tank, but the gauge said it was empty, but water gushed out of the fill spout, so I assumed gauge had malfunctioned. After a week long trip, pump acted like there was air in the line, but could not fix...water worked fine on city pressure.

After returning home, I tried the following steps for a fix and it worked for me. In the driveway, I opened all of the faucets, drain line to freshwater tank, drains to hotwater heater, and started pouring water into freshwater tank...I left my grey water tank drain open since it was pouring out nothing but fresh water! At first the water was flowing slow out of drains, and water kept spilling back out of freshwater fill....but I kept at it and had water shooting everywhere! Finally, after a couple of big gurgles, water starting coming out of the overflow spout next to the freshwater intake.

I stopped filling the freshwater tank, and closed the hotwater heater and freshwater drain and all faucets. When I checked my freshwater tank gauge, it showed full!!!!! Turned on pump, and it built up pressure and turned off. Testing all faucets showed no air in the system. I then used a fine wire to clean out the overflow vent mesh filter.

So, it turned out I had the mother of all air bubbles in my freshwater tank that would not let me fill the tank, and the empty reading turned out to be correct. This time, between trips, I did NOT empty all tanks and leave valves open -- instead I left the freshwater tank and hot water tank full, and put RV antifreeze in black and gray tanks just enough to keep the valve seals wet.

Hopefully you can find this information useful for your problem.
jamblazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water