Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2016, 12:59 PM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
Service at LaMesa in FL

Well, your question was about SERVICE in LaMesa in Florida, not purchasing an RV from LaMesa.

We bought an RV from LaMesa twice & have had service done at 3 different locations (none in FL). Here's my take on LaMesa (part based on experience & part based on a friend who is a service writer at LaMesa & worked at other RV dealers for 20 years). LaMesa is all about selling in quantities. They buy A LOT of RV's & get deep discounts other dealers can't get because they don't have a lot of dealerships. So, LaMesa can wheel & deal low prices & they are good for that. As for service, they really are more concerned about sales. If they fix things they don't sell as many RV's I was told that as long as you understand that & realize that their bottom line is sales you will be fine. Find a good service center after the warranty is out & you will be better off & probably less frustrated. This is probably true for most RV dealers. Think about it if they fix all the problems with your coach why would you think of buying a new RV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrypair View Post
Has anyone purchased or had any repairs done at LaMesa RV in FL? What is your opinion?

Thanks for any info
Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2016, 01:08 PM   #58

I miss in the process of buying my second coach from La Mesa in Sanford Fl. I've had my present coach serviced there for the last year and am happy with them.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:13 AM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
I miss in the process of buying my second coach from La Mesa in Sanford Fl. I've had my present coach serviced there for the last year and am happy with them.
As long as you keep buying and your under warranty for the fist six months or close to you'll be ok. Just don't expect anything after that point in time. I speak from experience ie., LaMesa, Sanford Fl.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:15 AM   #60
Community Administrator

Their Port St. Lucie location just had a fire.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/fire-...fl-275465.html

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:28 AM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
LaMesa PT. St. Lucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Their Port St. Lucie location just had a fire.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/fire-...fl-275465.html
Yikes, that was a hot one! Bet there are some terrific fire sales!
Old 01-07-2016, 06:29 PM   #62

Bought a solei 38 from lamesa ft myers at the pt Charlotte show sep 2014. Was doing the job for us. Prior to the one year came I took it in to LA mesa ft myers for a few minor issues. All I can say is they totally suck. I left there in worse condition than I came in. They screwed up a side window install and told me that it was cracked. Turned out it was a string of caulk. The window was installed poorly and had to come out regardless. Said they had to order a replacement. Looked like a 3 year old sealed it. Had some floor tile that needed replacing. They totally screwed that up. Even tried replacing with the wrong color. They are hacks. Left with the intention of never going back. Stopped at North Trail next day. Ended up trading for a dutchstar. Had it in for an issue. Upset about delay to get a part. Was not an issue that kept us parked and not sure if the delay was dealer or vendor. Have to say Derek Marks the service manager and his guys were great. NEVER EVER GO TO LAMESA FT MYERS
Old 01-07-2016, 06:48 PM   #63

Everyone's mileage may vary. La Mesa Sanford has done ok by me over the last year. Perfect? No, but someone show me an RV shop or auto shop that is and I'll go there. I have yet to have a problem with my coach where they have not squeezed me in. I did have to wait a few weeks to get a slide motor replaced because it took Fleetwood that long to get the part. On my first solo ride after I bought my coach the dashboard went dead. It was a Saturday and I knew the service dept was closed, but I figured I could leave it there and get with them on Monday. The service manager and his entire crew had just finished a training session. 6 of them came out and we're all over my coach and got me back on the road. They didn't have to so that, they could have just gone home and I'd have never known the difference.

I am a sample of one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
As long as you keep buying and your under warranty for the fist six months or close to you'll be ok. Just don't expect anything after that point in time. I speak from experience ie., LaMesa, Sanford Fl.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:22 PM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes jondrew, we've both made these same statements before. I've tried additionally to interact with them in a new purchase since their business is to low ball the competition but was insulted and degraded concerning the very coach,I purchased from their lot two years previous. Really know for a fact compared to other nearby dealerships they truly suck!! Your lucky, try to remember that one special moment!
Old 01-10-2016, 04:30 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Yes jondrew, we've both made these same statements before. I've tried additionally to interact with them in a new purchase since their business is to low ball the competition but was insulted and degraded concerning the very coach,I purchased from their lot two years previous. Really know for a fact compared to other nearby dealerships they truly suck!! Your lucky, try to remember that one special moment!
we all remember when and where we got burned and it sticks. Sad for us it is so frequent around the country. It certainly is a strange business.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:00 AM   #66

As said in the previous post LA mesa ft myers screwed up the drivers side window and some floor tiles as well as not having parts on hand for work they were supposed to fix, they said as soon as the parts arrive they would call. I went home and redid the tile work with spare tiles that I grabbed on the way out. The window was functional but the install was grossly sloppy. Decided to sell the MH. They have no idea I did. They have never called to say the parts are in.

Thinking back our only other interaction with lamesa ft myers service was on delivery. We were told to be there at 900 for the delivery. Finally 4 hours later they got someone to do the walk thru. We left as the dealer was closing for the night

Both occasions the MH left dirty. When leaving from the service work I complained about it and they had someone attempt to clean but after watching that for a half hour I said to forget it and left.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:51 AM   #67

Forest River Owners Club
Thumbs down fire sale?

we picked up our newly purchased 2013 allegro 36L the morning of the fire in Port St Lucy. We didn't know about it until we stopped at a local Bank of America and the mgr there told us. We arrived at 10 am and as we passed their operation on I95 we could see the fire damage. When we arrived they assured us that our coach was not involved, but 4 coaches that were parked in that building burned to the ground. 2 were scheduled for delivery that morning. It was another norcold refrigerator gas fire that caused the mess. Lucky for the people picking up that coach...it could have burned to the ground in their driveway after paying for it. I don't know why La Mesa did not see that the recall was not performed on that coach. Makes me wonder how thorough they are in checking out important info before they deliver their coaches.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:00 AM   #68

I'm not exactly sure how the recall notification system works. We bought a new motor home (coincidentally from La Mesa) and within a week of taking possession received a recall notice from Fleetwood on the drivers seat. It was a bit annoying since I had to take the coach in for an inspection. I asked why I hadn't been notified prior to taking delivery and my service writer said the dealer does not get those notifications.

For my new coach, I've been calling all the major suppliers with VIN & S/Ns checking for recalls prior to delivery. Something else to add to the PDI list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
we picked up our newly purchased 2013 allegro 36L the morning of the fire in Port St Lucy. We didn't know about it until we stopped at a local Bank of America and the mgr there told us. We arrived at 10 am and as we passed their operation on I95 we could see the fire damage. When we arrived they assured us that our coach was not involved, but 4 coaches that were parked in that building burned to the ground. 2 were scheduled for delivery that morning. It was another norcold refrigerator gas fire that caused the mess. Lucky for the people picking up that coach...it could have burned to the ground in their driveway after paying for it. I don't know why La Mesa did not see that the recall was not performed on that coach. Makes me wonder how thorough they are in checking out important info before they deliver their coaches.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:14 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
gas or elect has nothing to do with the norcold issue. Also the recall was done on mine and it still burned up as the recall didnt work. You seem to believe the recall saves the day but it does not. The problem is in the tubing of the absorption part which corrodes / rusts then leaks. As the unit heats up it can leak then catch fire ; gas or elect makes no difference.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:58 AM   #70

It really doesn't matter who the dealer is sales is one thing {most are darn good at that} but service is a whole different animal, we purchased a 2005 Winnebago back in '09 and the corian counter top was cracked in 2 places {stress cracks}and they had tried to repair it ,well that didn't fly with me and I made them replace it and I stood right there while they did it and they did it how I wanted it done, the tech said my way would never work and it would crack again....well 4 years and many miles it never cracked .....moral of the story is learn your rig ,many fixes can be done by anyone ,its not rocket science and that piece of paper some of those techs have are worthless. I prefer to do as much work on my rigs as I possibly can as I feel in most cases I can do a just as good if not better job . Unless it is a major issue it won't see the inside of a dealers garage....We just purchased a '16 Fleetwood Expedition from Sanford and are scheduled to pick it up Jan. 25th so we will see how it goes
Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote