Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2021, 12:45 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
LazyDays or Red Bay?

Hey all Tiffin owners! I have some warranty work that needs to be completed on my 2020 IP. Last year we were at LazyDays Tampa getting the checklist of items tended to. We were there at the moment Covid became a problem (March '20). We were literally in a service bay, with NY plates, when the service manager knocked on our door and informed me that we had to leave within 2 hours. Never mind that we were at the same facility 3 months prior to have some minor work done. So, we had been in FL for 3 months already! With no reservations anywhere, I had to scramble. Decision time now, should I go back there to have them finish up or just take her to Red Bay? Whatcha ya all think?

Thanks!
frogpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2021, 12:57 PM   #2

I’m assuming your back in New York? If so would definitely go to Red Bay over Lazydays. I have no complaints about our service at Lazydays, but believe you would get a wider knowledge base and experience set at Red Bay. Do know Crown Club booking late Feb at the earliest as I just tried to have some minor work done. Best of luck.
Warhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:10 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes, back in NY, trying to figure out what to do. Covid #'s in Tampa are not good either.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:34 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
This is the best time to get service done in Red Bay. It's between the north south migrations that happen in the Fall and Spring. We've been there twice for warranty work during January/February and never had to wait more than a couple of days to get the work done. The Red Bay techs are the best and the big advantage is there is no waiting for parts like at a dealer.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:15 PM   #5
PKI

Any time you can justify a trip to Red Bay, that is the preferred choice. Folks that are local to LD Florida need that service resource. RB needs the business of all Tiffin owners. Those relationships help everyone.

If you find this concept does not hold water in some way. Please, post your contrary experience.

EDIT - Interesting that the travel distance appears to be very close to the same for both locations.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:46 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
For me it is an easy answer. Red Bay each and every time. I won't go back to Lazydays unless it's the last place possible. Your work is warranty so you don't have to worry about the checkbook and quotes, and so forth.

We just got back from 10 days in Red Bay and got a few things done. Always nice to be there. If you aren't familiar, there is a relatively new campground, that is an actual campground, called Red Bay Acres. Great place with a great restaurant.

If you are due for a wash and wax I can give you the name and number for the only place I will now go to. Best I have ever had.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:18 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
RED BAY hands down. We actually have made 3 trips to the mother ship in the last 3 years. Even minor (warranty or not) are done correctly there.

If you are having problems with travel due to Covid give the RB folks a call and if you ask they usually will extend your warranty on the cdertain items you list. We did that this year and actually got it all done 4 months after our warranty ran out. I hope this has not changed since they became part of the Thor family. Give them a call.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:45 PM   #8

Easy decision.

Red Bay!!
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:50 PM   #9

Since your back in New York you could take it here for warranty service: CT Coach RV Service Center

They are a Tiffin authorized service center that will do warranty work also.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Since your back in New York you could take it here for warranty service: CT Coach RV Service Center

They are a Tiffin authorized service center that will do warranty work also.

They fixed my windshield and I am very happy with the results. Nice clean facility. Think Tiffin owners in the New England area are lucky to have this facility. Give them a call and discuss your warranty issues.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:06 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Red Bay hands down

Bought mine in August last year. Took it to Red Bay in October. I dropped it off in their "outback" system and came back to Houston while they fixed it. It was a nice experience. I wasn't happy to have to even get warranty work at that stage, but I'm over it now and all is good. Can't speak for LazyDays, but Red Bay was a good experience.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:02 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the responses so far! Very helpful.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:54 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
If you end up at Lazydays, get everything in writing that YOU want done with an estimate. If they come back and say it will be more because of this or that, get that in writing. Oh, and get a copy of each quote or requote. Then, when the work is done, check everything, and go over the bill in great detail.

This is obviously a good process for anyone working on your coach.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote