Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2021, 08:41 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
LED Puck Light Bulb

I have a 2018 Phaeton 40IH with an LED puck light that barely puts out. I called Tiffin Parts but they do not sell the LED bulb only- you must buy a whole new fixture. The bulb is easy to remove and is replaceable. There are 9 individual LED lights on the bulb itself. It is Part #- G4-5050-09-12v.

Does anyone have a source for a replacement? Thanks is advance.
Boston Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2021, 08:52 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
There is a huge variety of replacement bulbs available on Amazon. They are basically G4 base bulbs so just search G4-5050 and compare to what you have. At least they are using replaceable bulbs. The ones in our '17 are permanent in the fixture and I had to modify some to accept replaceable bulbs.

You might also check with Bright Ideas LEDs who is one of our sponsors here on IRV2!
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:47 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
https://m4products.com/

Check with these folks. You can buy the LED light pan only and not the whole fixture.

Ken
Old 06-11-2021, 01:36 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
There is a huge variety of replacement bulbs available on Amazon. They are basically G4 base bulbs so just search G4-5050 and compare to what you have. At least they are using replaceable bulbs. The ones in our '17 are permanent in the fixture and I had to modify some to accept replaceable bulbs.

You might also check with Bright Ideas LEDs who is one of our sponsors here on IRV2!

Ď17 here too. Would love to know what you did. One above the couch is out. Thinking about replacing them entirely as I donít like how they spotlight the tops of your head. Pretty harsh light also.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 01:39 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by les.warden View Post
Ď17 here too. Would love to know what you did. One above the couch is out. Thinking about replacing them entirely as I donít like how they spotlight the tops of your head. Pretty harsh light also.
If the one above your couch is an "eyeball" adjustable type like ours, the bulb has a bayonet mount like a taillight bulb. Just push it in and turn. I found compatible bulbs on Amazon.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:10 PM   #6

This is what we use in our 2013 Phaeton.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ns/4211/10065/
Old 06-12-2021, 04:45 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
LED Puck Light Bulb

Thanks to all who replied. Great info. I have ordered 2 bulbs from Amazon that matched mine with the ref. #- (G4 9 X 5050). Cost is $13.00/ea.
Boston Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light