Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2021, 11:30 AM   #1

Liquid Springs for 34PA

Considering adding Liquid Springs to my 2019 34 PA and am wondering if the expense is really worth it. If you've had this suspension added to your coach I would like an unfiltered opinion on what you think of it once you've had the opportunity to put your coach on the road?
Thank you
Leo4967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2021, 06:04 PM   #2

I put the rear LS on my 2017 34PA several months ago. I had decided I will find a solution to the rough, hard ride that rattled my teeth fillings, or sell the 34 PA, which floor plan we love, and buy an air ride DP. The LS was a great choice. The sway, wobble, rear rough ride with the house squeaking and rattling, disappeared. The rear portion of the motorhome was so smooth and quiet, we decided to add the front axle system as well. We're leaving tomorrow to go to Oregon to have it installed. The rear LS improved the ride over the front axle, by roughly 40%, but still enough roughness to it, we are adding the front axle system as well. I expect we will then have a nice smooth, almost rattle and squeak free ride. I added the Safety T Plus stabilizer as well. No DP for me now. I figure I will have a smooth riding gas coach at about $100,000 less than a DP, even with all the LS expense. I highly recommend LS.
lhoover118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:12 PM   #3

For the system overall I can concur. Different coach but here is my write up on ours.

Write up on the replacement of the rear suspension on our 2014 Forester 3051S (Long)
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/write-up-on-the-replacement-of-the-rear-suspension-on-our-2014-forester-3051s-long-535920.html

The factory in Indiana has a Tiffin as their “demo” model they take to shows etc.

From the Tiffin side of the industry they started offering them as an option direct from the factory on new gas coaches a while back too.
Gumpster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:50 PM   #4

Check out this video, recently done by Endless RVing on Liquid Springs.

https://youtu.be/zqI2Znwt8V8
Ctmhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:53 PM   #5

Link:
Old 05-14-2021, 07:29 PM   #6

I have an Open Road 36LA (2018) that I bought used last year and was considering adding the Liquid Springs to correct some of the problems w/ the F53 chassis. Wife & I decided to order a 2022 34PA equipped exactly as we wanted and I opted to have the Liquid Springs added during the build of the coach at Red Bay. From what I've read the new F53 chassis w/ the V8 has better handling so will wait and see if adding the Liquid Springs to the front will be necessary when we get the new Tiffin (hopefully in October).
Yep, it's expensive but if it reduces interior noise, reduces sway, and I feel less tired/fatigued at the end of the day's drive, then it is a worthwhile investment.
TexasProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:29 PM   #7

I recently ordered a 2022 34PA with the Liquid Springs option. Can’t wait to get it. Had the opportunity to drive the 2021 34PA demo with Liquid Springs at the Tampa RV Show. The difference with vs without is night and day and convinced me to spend the additional money upfront for the superior ride. The wife even approved after the demo. We feel the LS option will be worth it and delay the big dollar investment of a DP for many more years.
akrhoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 12:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrhoyt View Post
I recently ordered a 2022 34PA with the Liquid Springs option. Can’t wait to get it. Had the opportunity to drive the 2021 34PA demo with Liquid Springs at the Tampa RV Show. The difference with vs without is night and day and convinced me to spend the additional money upfront for the superior ride. The wife even approved after the demo. We feel the LS option will be worth it and delay the big dollar investment of a DP for many more years.
Hi. We’re soon to take delivery on a 2021 34PA and plan to get Liquid Springs installed on at least the rear for now. On new orders, does Tiffin offer a four-corner Liquid Springs option, or just the rear? Just curious. TIA.
Ctraxler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 07:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhoover118 View Post
I put the rear LS on my 2017 34PA several months ago. I had decided I will find a solution to the rough, hard ride that rattled my teeth fillings, or sell the 34 PA, which floor plan we love, and buy an air ride DP. The LS was a great choice. The sway, wobble, rear rough ride with the house squeaking and rattling, disappeared. The rear portion of the motorhome was so smooth and quiet, we decided to add the front axle system as well. We're leaving tomorrow to go to Oregon to have it installed. The rear LS improved the ride over the front axle, by roughly 40%, but still enough roughness to it, we are adding the front axle system as well. I expect we will then have a nice smooth, almost rattle and squeak free ride. I added the Safety T Plus stabilizer as well. No DP for me now. I figure I will have a smooth riding gas coach at about $100,000 less than a DP, even with all the LS expense. I highly recommend LS.
Well, we installed the Liquid Springs (LS) solution on the front axle as well. LS finally came out with their front axle package for the F53 26,000 GVW chassis in April of this year. LS is installing them at their location in Indiana, and I'm told our front axle install was the first by an approved dealer, outside of the LS factory. Our 2017 34PA now has the LS four corner suspension solution completed. It integrates with the rear LS solution seamlessly, operating as one system. We kept the Safety-Plus product as well, but removed the KONI shocks. We had the system installed by Henderson's Line-Up in Grants Pass Oregon. They are great. We have traveled about 1,200 miles since the install; state and interstate roads through Oregon, Idaho, and Montana.

So, was it worth the expense to add the full four corner LS suspension solution to our 2017 34 PA rough rider? YES! Both my wife and I are in full agreement that our travel on the roads is more enjoyable, less stressful and safer. I drove 410 miles one day, with no physical stress, just tired eyes, which is normal. The coach is much easier to drive, minimal sway, smoother, quieter, more stable with a tighter steering wheel feel, etc., etc. I figure there will be less maintenance expense and hassle on the house, due to the smoother ride. ( of course, my steps motor just gave up last night!)

My Recommendations

Based on our experience and talking with friends my suggestions are:

1. If you use your coach for short 3-14 day trips to the coast (We live in CA) and a few other states and don't put more than 3-5 thousand miles on a year, maybe the LS upgrade expense isn't necessary. You have to decide if the expense/benefit ratio works for you with this amount of travel.

2. If you travel for extended periods (we do 3-7 month "full-time" travel) and 5,000+ miles per year, in my opinion I would certainly do it. Not only is the coach safer to drive, you have all the benefits I noted above.

That's our story. I trust it is helpful. Happy Trails
lhoover118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 07:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctraxler View Post
Hi. We’re soon to take delivery on a 2021 34PA and plan to get Liquid Springs installed on at least the rear for now. On new orders, does Tiffin offer a four-corner Liquid Springs option, or just the rear? Just curious. TIA.
Tiffin only offers the rear Liquid Springs as an option on the Open Road. They were a non-published option for the 2021 model year starting in January. For 2022 Liquid Springs are listed as an option on the models with the 26k chassis. I drove both test vehicles Liquid Spring had at the January Tampa RV Supershow. One was a 34PA with rear only and the second was a Fleetwood with front and rear. The rear Liquid Springs on the Tiffin made a huge difference over what I currently have. I honestly couldn’t detect a significant improvement over the Tiffin ride with the four corner Liquid Spring Fleetwood. I expect to be happy with the rear Liquid Spring. I will add a Safe-T-Plus to the front.
akrhoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 12:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctmhou View Post
Check out this video, recently done by Endless RVing on Liquid Springs.

https://youtu.be/zqI2Znwt8V8
I enjoy watching Endless RVing but Liquid Springs is sponsoring their videos. Not sure if that's an independent review.

The only concern I would have is if you're planning on selling the RV anytime soon. After the price of suspension upgrades you're starting to get close in price to entry level DP's.
EcoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoRick View Post
I enjoy watching Endless RVing but Liquid Springs is sponsoring their videos. Not sure if that's an independent review.

The only concern I would have is if you're planning on selling the RV anytime soon. After the price of suspension upgrades you're starting to get close in price to entry level DP's.
True enough. If you take typical “good” discounts of 27% on an Open Road 34PA and 29% on a RED 340 33AL you end up in the upper $160K for the OR and high $190k for the 340. (Using 2022 typical list prices here.) Add $20k for Liquid Spring and you’re within 10 grand price wise. That said, I think the Open Road may well be the nicer of the two motorhomes, the 340 models sure seem like they did a lot of de-contenting to get the price down - no solid surface under mount sink in the lavatory, no ducted return in the ac system, air leveling with no jack system, Schwintek for the big living room slide rather than hydraulics.
Shadow5501 is offline   Reply With Quote