Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2023, 02:00 PM   #1

Locate HDMI Splitter

How do I locate the 4 way splitter in my 2020 Open Road 32SA?
One of 4 tvs is no longer connecting to Dish. I was told the HDMI Splitter is probably bad.

Thanks,
Lyle
LBtravelors is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2023, 03:39 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
The splitter should be near the bedroom TV and your satellite receiver. It may be behind a louvered removable panel with a cooling fan. It's possible one of the Cat6 cables has vibrated loose in the back of the splitter or the Cat6 to HDMI encoder behind the TV is either bad or its power supply is bad.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 06:30 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
you actually have to "splitters". One that takes HDMI to RG6, and then one at the TV that changes the signal back. The HDMI to RG6 splitter is located near the entertainment center/where the cable/satellite/antenna switches are. On my 2020 32SA, it is the adjacent closet in a built-in wooden box (likely will have vent slots). It is powered by 110V and occasionally dies or becomes unplugged. If that occurred ALL TVS would be without a signal. check if a single input or output connection has come loose.

The second splitter/converter is at the TV so the location is dependent. On my main tv over the fireplace it behind a vented wooden panel (held by either velcro or friction clips) under the TV.

Attached is a generic TIffin diagram of how the TVs are plumbed
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2023, 08:28 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Replaced CAT6 cable

I had a similar problem where my mid-TV stopped working shortly after I purchased the RV. I found it's CAT6 network cable (in the cabinet next to the satellite receiver and learned about the HDMI splitter. The plastic cable end had the "lock" broken off and would not stay plugged into the splitter. I taped it in as a temporary solution which solved the problem.

I requested they install a new a new cable, since the old one was too short to cut off and put a new end on. Despite my request they tried to simply pull the cable and put a new end on. This did not work. Then they cut the cable and spliced a new piece in (you can't do this with a high-speed network data cable). The TV picture worked, but the sound had periodic issues. I bought a new cable and ran it down the hall. This worked great, but who wants a cable running down the hall. I eventually routed the new cable along the bedroom and bathroom which was easy, but then had to route through a channel to move from the slide to the wet bay. Then under the shower and up to the TV. No issues since I did what was needed.
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat