Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2021, 11:59 AM   #1

Location to mount safe in 37PA?

We have a new to us 2018 Allegro Red 37 PA, any suggestions on the most secure place to mount a safe? I would think it would be necessary for the mounting screws to go into metal. If it went into wood it would seem fairly easy to pry it out of the wood with a crowbar.
Roxmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2021, 06:58 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Interesting. We have the same coach and the same question.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:58 PM   #3

I use these type products tethered to my seat frame: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I personally know (unfortunately) that they are fairly secure; several years ago I was jumped and my car stolen.

The box was beat up/ pried upon - but remained closed. Dummy thief never noticed the key to it was on the set of keys in the ignition.

Quickly CAUGHT - but not yet settled in court (mental plea and virus delays).
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:30 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
There are so many nooks and cranny's in our coach to hide a small lock box. It would take some idiot way too much time to find it. Say for instance, under a jack-knife sofa. You think some clown knows that sofa opens? I have a heck of a time with mine, and I know how to do it!
Just too may places a crook would never know to look unless they were knowledgeable about motorhomes.
Props2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:52 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
We put our safe in the back closet, left side bolted to the top of the fuse panel box.
medcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by medcol View Post
We put our safe in the back closet, left side bolted to the top of the fuse panel box.
I'm a little short on cash. Could you PM me with your complete address please?
See U soon.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:47 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I would put it in the basement, maybe one of the compartments used for the jacks & slides, AquaHot, vacuum, refrig. I think the average thief would go through the house contents first. Just need to be sure to lock the basement doors all the time.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:41 AM   #8

snap safe

Have o agree that the Snap Safe is an easy addition that can be secured anywhere in the coach with the cable that is supplied. We now have 6 in various sizes scattered abut the coach... you never know what you might find if you can get inside of one
2BoizRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat