Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #1

locks for engine compartment

My 32' Open Road has no locks for the engine compartment, only a push button type of latch. Do they make a lock conversation that I can replace the push button with? If so where would I get one?

2009 32' Open Road
2006 PT Cruiser
kayla44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #2

compartment lock

I have the push button on the front of my 36LA. They look to be the same as the locking device on the side for the door that locks the out side TV. You may want to look in to this.
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:05 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I think this might be an easy change out for the non locking ones.keyed compression latch products - Grainger Industrial Supply
If you have a graingers nearby you could see if the stock them and take one of your with you and compare the size.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:26 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You do realize that virtually everything in the area behind the hood that you want to lock is accessible by crawling underneath the motorhome?
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:17 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I view this like I do locking fuel caps, which I do have. I'm not naïve enough to think that a locking anything will keep out the determined and desperate. However, I am all for security (the retired police in me) and whatever I can do to discourage the pranksters, curious, and just plain nosey.

Think about it this way... will it stop all problems? NO! But, if someone was "looking for" something like maybe a spare oil dipstick, and my "quasi-secured" coach was parked next to your unmodified coach, whose coach do you think would lose the dipstick?
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #6

Locks were made for the honest people
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote