Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2021, 03:29 PM   #1

Looking for a 2003 Allegro Bus brochure. Also a few questions

I've found a Tiffin Allegro Bus and wanted to look at the brochure for that year if anyone can help?

The dealer says its a 38' but when looking at videos on youtube of that year model it looks like the 36OP model

I'm curios as to what people think about the ride quality compared to Country coach or Alpine? I haven't driven any Tiffin's yet. Do they blow around, more, or less? how do they handle potholes and bumps?

I'm sure the quality is there but what are the things to watch out for, or look close at?

Thanks in advance, Mike

PS: I've asked on the Tiffin rv network also. No need to post replies to both. Thanks again
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2021, 03:51 PM   #2

We had a 2003 Tiffin 40 footer. I could never find a brochure for a 2003. The closest I could get was a 2005. I ordered an owner's manual for it from Tiffin. Honestly, I could have written a much better one myself. It was something so incomplete as to be totally useless unless you had never seen a motor home before.

While I can't compare ride quality to the coaches you named, I was happy with the ride once it was weighed and the tire pressures set where they should be. It was on the Freightliner XC chassis and had a solid front axle. It did not get blown around much. Our current Manadaly on a Freightliner IFS chassis does handle a little better and has a better turn radius. It is also quite a bit heavier due to four slides instead of just two.

I was overall very happy with the quality of the Tiffin coach. Our current Mandalay is similar to a point, but misses some of the Tiffin cabinet quality. The roof construction of the Tiffin was also much stronger than the Mandalay. Tiffin had a steel tube roof framing system. The Mandalay is constructed with the equivalent of SIPS panels.

Hope this helps a little.
Old Yesterday, 07:42 AM   #3

Thanks for the input.

I haven't dealt with Tiffin much as they like to put the kitchen on the camp side of the coach. So I called the dealer back and found out it has a rubber roof. I want a fiberglass or metal roof so this unit isn't for me.

Thanks again for the help... Mike
Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM   #4

Rubber roof on my allegro bus is 21 yrs old and still in good shape and never leaked . Fiberglass lots prettier ! Have you seen one blow off? I have !
swampdog2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smp440 View Post
I've found a Tiffin Allegro Bus and wanted to look at the brochure for that year if anyone can help?

The dealer says its a 38' but when looking at videos on youtube of that year model it looks like the 36OP model

I'm curios as to what people think about the ride quality compared to Country coach or Alpine? I haven't driven any Tiffin's yet. Do they blow around, more, or less? how do they handle potholes and bumps?

I'm sure the quality is there but what are the things to watch out for, or look close at?

Thanks in advance, Mike

PS: I've asked on the Tiffin rv network also. No need to post replies to both.

Thanks again
Mike this link will give you information on the 2003,

https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/uploads...Bus-Manual.pdf
Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM   #6

That is the one I paid $25.00 for including shipping when we had our bus. The 2004 manual below has much more useful information that is specific to the Allegro Bus, IMO.

https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/uploads...llegro-Bus.pdf
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM   #7

I also purchase the "useless" manual. Thank you for posting this manual, it is much more useful.
gorgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:49 AM   #8

Thanks for the manual links.

I think I ran across those searching for the Brochure.

The 03 mentions a rubber roof. The 04 mentions fiberglass. In another forum someone has an 02 Bus 36op that has a fiberglass. Anyone here have an 02, 03 Bus that can say for sure what there's is? I'm trying to see if the one was maybe ordered that way or if the literature is wrong?

Thanks.
Old Today, 08:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdog2 View Post
Rubber roof on my allegro bus is 21 yrs old and still in good shape and never leaked . Fiberglass lots prettier ! Have you seen one blow off? I have !
I have not seen one blow off.... Thankfully. I think that would cause a pretty severe reaction to those driving around the MH. I wouldn't want to be in the middle of that.. LOL

But point taken. I've only heard of the Winnie's having that problem. Is that a problem on other brands as well?

I've only owned the travel trailer I have now. Which has had problem after problem with the rubber roof. Now, I bought it well used and have NO idea of how it (roof) was cared for. I don't think I like having to worry about if the rubber roof is shedding water or absorbing it. That's what ours started doing and we had to re-coat it once I made all the repairs to different spots that were actually leaking from old caulk or punctures.

Maybe if someone had taken better care of it before we bought it, it wouldn't have been so problematic.

Thanks, Mike
Old Today, 08:08 AM   #10

My '03 Bus had a fiberglass roof. No problems. Just keep all of the joints sealed properly.

Tags
allegro, allegro bus