Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2021, 12:56 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Loss of 12v power

It seems that I have lost power to my mirrors, back up camera, radio and the jacks down alarm. There is a fuse block in the dash on the drivers side and is labeled all but the radio. Pictured below. this fuse block should get power when the ignition is turned on but when key is on, no power.
I have checked all the fuses in the engine compartment. All check good. Cant find any other fuses to check.
My thought is if these things get power when the key is, on power should be coming from a relay some where. This other block of wires is under the dash left of the steering wheel. Second picture below. I have no idea what this is or if it has any thing to do with my problem or how to check it.
My 2003 Allegro is old but she's a good girl. She just throws a fit from time to time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuse block.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	337911   Click image for larger version

Name:	fuse block 1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	337912  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2021, 01:05 PM   #2

The bottom picture is a power distribution/fuse block for the things that you say are not working.

12v power comes into that block from the wire attached at the top. You need to see if you have 12 vac to ground at that point (probably don’t).

Then follow that wire to its origination - I am going to guess it’s to the main battery control center that houses the emergency start relays and a host of 12vdc circuit breakers.

12vdc circuit breakers can be auto reset or manual reset. And they look nothing like a regular every day circuit breaker.

A wiring diagram will be useful in figure this out.
MrMark52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 01:22 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
no power coming to the small fuse block. the only other fuse box is in the engine compartment. The rest of the coach electrical is on a board and most everything is labeled. I see several circuit breakers on that board. All have power on both sides. Tried to trace the wire down under the dash but impossible to do.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:25 PM   #4

You may need a wire tracer. They sell them at HD and Lowe’s, Amazon. You inject a signal into one end of a wire then follow the tone in the wire bundles with a hand held receiver.

It’s either that, or find the wiring diagram for the coach that will give you an idea where the needed circuit breaker is located.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:43 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Great idea MrMark on the way to lowes now to get a tracer. wish me luck and thanks.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:23 PM   #6

��
Let the thread know what you find!
Old 08-01-2021, 11:12 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Just as soon as this heat wave breaks here in SC Ill be back at it.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:05 PM   #8

Had a blown fuse in the rear that affected mirrors, slides, etc
mollies33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:25 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies33 View Post
Had a blown fuse in the rear that affected mirrors, slides, etc
I kinda figured that but cant find a blown fuse. I have a fuse box in the engine compartment and all of those fuses check good. All of the house fuses also check good. There is a small fuse block for the affected equipment and it is what has lost power.
Purchased a tic tracer from Lowes to try trace the wire under the dash. That is proving to be a challenge. That circuit should be tied into the ignition circuit so that it is hot when the key is on.
May just have to rewire the whole thing.
Old 08-11-2021, 11:12 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
First things first...make sure it is plugged in.

is the coach disconnect turned on?
imUrlaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:12 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
...if it is turned on make sure it is working correctly.
imUrlaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsalem View Post
I kinda figured that but cant find a blown fuse. I have a fuse box in the engine compartment and all of those fuses check good. All of the house fuses also check good. There is a small fuse block for the affected equipment and it is what has lost power.
Purchased a tic tracer from Lowes to try trace the wire under the dash. That is proving to be a challenge. That circuit should be tied into the ignition circuit so that it is hot when the key is on.
May just have to rewire the whole thing.
If your having trouble tracing the wire because of wire bundling, make sure to turn the sensitivity down on the receiver.

And nothing says you have to trace the wire from where your injecting the signal all through any wire bundles. Maybe skip over any areas like that and follow any wires leaving the bundle that may split of and head elsewhere. See if you get a trace tone on those “elsewhere” wires.

Tags
12v, power