RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2019, 12:40 PM   #1

Lost 12vdc to fridge?

Finished retrofit of Dometic NDR 1062 to JC Refrigeration all AC cooling unit.

Worked 100% perfectly on the floor.

Shut it off, unlugged 120vac and disconnected 12vdc

Slid it back in the hole, reconnected 12vdc, plugged in 120vac and nothing.

Black and white wires coming from coach to rear of fridge no longer have 12vbdc.

This completely removed any possible fridge problem from the equation.

I checked all DC fuses for continuity as well as a visual verification.

Pulled DC panel and don't see anything amiss.

So

I have DC in the coach.

Why all of a sudden not to the wires for the fridge?

Thanks

Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2019, 01:35 PM   #2

12V DC to fridge comes from a FUSED Source (DC Dist Panel)
Blew the fuse ......

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When you say 'no 12v to fridge' are you saying none at the 12v wire that connects to the powerboard?

As Old-Biscuit said it is probably related to a bad fuse. Mine has a 12v fuse box at the bottom of the fridge and another on the back of the fridge where the powerboard is located - it is the one that the AC and DC wires connect. Two screws hold the cover on, normally the bottom right and the top left. The AC cord plugs in at the bottom left and DC wires at the top right .Remove them and remove cover. The 5amp DC fuse should be middle far right - can't miss it. On the lower left there is an 8amp AC fuse.

If this doesn't correct the problem you'll need to check the DC panel below for the fridge. Mine is a a push reset but you may need to pull it out and check to insure DC is going up to back of the fridge.

You may want to download the service manual for your fridge. It will have a complete section on diagnostic and troubleshooting steps.

Best wishes - Richard
Old 06-22-2019, 11:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtribble View Post
When you say 'no 12v to fridge' are you saying none at the 12v wire that connects to the powerboard?

As Old-Biscuit said it is probably related to a bad fuse. Mine has a 12v fuse box at the bottom of the fridge and another on the back of the fridge where the powerboard is located - it is the one that the AC and DC wires connect. Two screws hold the cover on, normally the bottom right and the top left. The AC cord plugs in at the bottom left and DC wires at the top right .Remove them and remove cover. The 5amp DC fuse should be middle far right - can't miss it. On the lower left there is an 8amp AC fuse.

If this doesn't correct the problem you'll need to check the DC panel below for the fridge. Mine is a a push reset but you may need to pull it out and check to insure DC is going up to back of the fridge.

You may want to download the service manual for your fridge. It will have a complete section on diagnostic and troubleshooting steps.

Best wishes - Richard

OP stated 'No 12V DC on wires to fridge ' so it will not be the fridge control fuses on lower circuit board

It is a blown fuse for the DC to fridge from when disconnecting the DC earlier and NOT pulling the main fuse...
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #5

Correct in that I did not pull the DC fuse first.

Weird part is that (again) all 12vdc 20amp fuses in the DC fuse box are good.

The fuse to the fridge is not labeled - so I checked every single fuse in the box with my meter as well as pulled and visually verified that none were blown.

Hence my confoosion!

What lies in line FROM the fuse TO the 12VDC wires in back of fridge compartment?

I removed the DC fuse box and can find n o t h i n g . . .
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge