Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2022, 02:19 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtousseau View Post
I know this is kinda old thread, but you said you had your TV down. I'm assuming the one above fireplace behind drivers seat. We just got a new to us 2017 phaeton qbh and would like to put our firestick on it. Can't see how to get to back of TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If it's like mine it had screws underneath the TV that held the plate down for the TV. Once I unscrewed those screws (might've been about 5-6 screws I had to lift up the TV off what it was hung on behind it. Then carefully laid it down on a clothe on the countertop in front of the TV. This allowed me access to the back of the TV. In my case I was installing it's own DVD player and a USB-c to several HDMI's back there so I could look at CD's I have I also could download movies before leaving home onto my phone so I could play directly off my phone by plugging in the USB-c into it. Works great.
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2022, 04:32 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks, I'll try that out. Hu
dtousseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 08:52 PM   #17

My TV (42" LG) has only 2 screws at the bottom. Take those out, pull outward and upward (2 person job) and set on cabinet top. Then you can see what is all behind the unit and where the connections are. 16 QBH, yours may be different.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 06:54 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Well been busy lately to ready everything for our trip back to NE for 3 months and during that time i gave a shot at mounting the FP similar to what wingnut60 had done. Sadly since I retired to Florida 3 years ago I sold or gave away most of my woodworking tools and though I created the framework and even mounted the FP on it I could not square up the frame for it to mount properly so opted not to complete it just in case once mounted, I was able to square it up enough to work properly. I might need to contact a local cabinet shop similar to wha wingnut60 did to get mine built. There's so much space back there that is perfect for bulk items like toilet paper, paper towels, etc. I still would like to get it done. I had a nice woodworking shop in NE asI did a lot of finish capentry, shadow box, cabinets, etc. but just didn't see a need for it down here where our new house is concrete block and has all the trimwork done. Worse yet there's no cellar to set it up in. Oh well. When I get back down to Florida the end of the summer I'll check the places out that are near me.
Old 06-18-2022, 09:10 PM   #19

Sorry you could not get it done--wouldn't have been a job I could have tackled, no woodworking experience. Hope you can get it finished, my wife loves the extra storage.
This should be standard on the angle fireplace, or at least an option.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 09:53 PM   #20

Cody also did our fireplace. Plenty of storage for instapot, air fryer lid, and Shark vacuum.
Old 06-20-2022, 07:00 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B52Rnav View Post
Cody also did our fireplace. Plenty of storage for instapot, air fryer lid, and Shark vacuum.
That's great. If I head out to Red Bay for my slide issue maybe I'll see if I can have then do mine as well. Thxs
Old 06-23-2022, 01:03 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtousseau View Post
I know this is kinda old thread, but you said you had your TV down. I'm assuming the one above fireplace behind drivers seat. We just got a new to us 2017 phaeton qbh and would like to put our firestick on it. Can't see how to get to back of TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The TV is mounted to a bracket. Look underneath the tv you'll see screws thru the bracket into the wood frame. You remove those screws then lift the TV up a bit to get it off the top of the bracket and bring it forward then lay it down on the fireplace but make sure you have a blanket or towels covering it so you don't scratch the TV. I took mine down to hook up a splitter and a DVD. See Pics I circle about 3 of the 6 or so screws under the TV and a pic of my DVD & Splitter setup. I was tired of having only 1 DVD in the MH worse yet in the bedroom. When lifting up and re-installing the TV it can be a little tight and you may need to move it to the right or left to get it back on so just be cautious.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220623_144947~2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	369148   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220623_144952~2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	347.5 KB
ID:	369149  

Tags