Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2022, 09:05 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Mirror loose

How do I tighten my mirror on my Tiffin? It is loose and can’t find a way to tighten it

Help
pmoroney is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2022, 04:14 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Depends on what mirror you have. I have a Velvac mirror and on the very bottom of the mirror, under the arm where the mirror housing sits, is a plastic chrome cap that I remove to reveal the hex head screw that loosens to adjust the mirror and then tightens back up. Hope this helps.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:11 AM   #3

You didn't specify what coach you have.

On my 2018 Allegro Bus, just below the junction of the head and the arm, there are two small chrome caps with slots in them. Under each of those caps there is a set screw. I have found that the screws will back out allowing the mirror to rotate, especially on rough roads (seems like most roads today). I use the temporary form of LocTite (blue, I think) on them.
BRodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 12:52 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Good forum thread starter pmaroney. Interesting response BRodgers. On my mirrors (Tiffin 36UA), the hex head screws are visible at the bottom of chrome mirror housing, without having to remove a chrome cover over those screws. It looks like 3 hex head screws, BUT I'm only able to get the tool to fit onto one of them. That's okay. I've had to tighten that one (passenger side) about every year & a half, since we've owned this rig, and are frequent RVers. But, BRodgers mentioned using LocTite, and I haven't thought of that. So far, the last time that I had to tighten up that hex head screw was a year ago, and the mirror has stayed solid. Maybe, the next time that I have to tighten, I might try the LocTite idea? And, "rough roads" were mentioned. The rougher the road (like I-20 through areas of Shreveport-Bossier City, aka "The Shreveport Effect"), the slower I drive, until the road smooths out again. I haven't encountered too many rough roads in areas of Texas that we've been through. That's not the case with I-40 through northern New Mexico (encountered some very rough areas after crossing the Arizona/NM state line).
TomsMaHauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:31 PM   #5

Mine is like Tom & Teri's, one screw on each mirror is for adjustment (the other two screws might be used to remove the mirror, I don't know). The second time I had to tighten mine I put blue Loctite on it and haven't had a problem since. It's scary when it happens (always in heavy traffic). I tighten mine with an Allen wrench (that might be the same as a hex head, I'm not sure).
As a side note my windows, by the driver and passenger seats, would get loose screws so I used Loctite on them also, and so far it is working.
Thanks,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:14 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRodgers View Post
You didn't specify what coach you have.

On my 2018 Allegro Bus, just below the junction of the head and the arm, there are two small chrome caps with slots in them. Under each of those caps there is a set screw. I have found that the screws will back out allowing the mirror to rotate, especially on rough roads (seems like most roads today). I use the temporary form of LocTite (blue, I think) on them.
I have a 2018 32sa tiffin
pmoroney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:31 AM   #7

I have a 2012 Phaeton with Velvac mirrors with side cameras mounted in the mirror. When I removed the inspection port, there was no set screw visible. I called Velvac and they said I needed to rotate the whole mirror head until the inspection port faced the chassis. Then the set screw came into view.
natgild1 is offline   Reply With Quote