Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #1

Motorhome insurance claims

Which company is best for filing a claim?
RJcamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2018, 07:03 PM   #2

I don't believe there has been a published study. You might want to add a poll to this thread so we can vote on the best and then you could go with the winner.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJcamps View Post
we've had state farm for all of our vehicles since 1970 including, our motorhomes beginning with our first one in 1986. all claims have been handled promptly and fairly.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:16 AM   #4

I have been fortunate to have never had to file a claim on any of my motorhomes. However, reading through Insurance Threads in IRV2, some people that actually work in the repair industry have commented that Progressive and Geico will nitpick and argue and not cover things like replacing an entire roof structure, but only allowing a "patch" etc. They don't want to cover new substrates, as an example, when it is really required for a rubber roof to have a good surface to adhere to. Or if you had a one-piece fiberglass roof, to replace the whole thing so it's still a one-piece. If you do a search on "insurance" here, you'll find DAYS worth of reading material!

About the only consistent message is that eventually they all seem to raise rates and you can change to someone else for less!
Old 08-09-2018, 09:34 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have filed three claims with state farm. 1st one was for a '99 Winnebago windshield, 2nd was for repair of damages from hitting a tree limb, 3rd was a long time ago for rear ending a car with my truck done by my son. Was sued by the California car driver and state farm settled claim for $10K. All promptly paid and my rates never raised or policies canceled. I have all my vehicles and home covered by state farm. Plus a universal life policy.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:45 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I have filed a claim with state farm. This was when the brake line burst and I hit a tree on the ladder at the back of my Monaco, saved me going down an embankment. It was promptly paid and my rates never raised or policies canceled. I have all my vehicles and home covered by state farm. My agent said rates are relatively low on RVs since they are on the road alot less them cars and trucks and total miles per year are low.
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:28 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJcamps View Post
There has been quite a few member's on here that have had bad hail damage this summer, use the search bar at the top of the page and type "Hail" in and you will find those thread's........one members Coach and TOAD were both totaled!
Old 08-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Had 1 claim with GEICO, $4,000.00 awning repair. Paid quickly. 2 years later my rate went down. Still with them.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance, motorhome