Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2021, 10:25 PM   #1

My experience at Davis Motorhome Mart

I know there are folks that have ordered from what used to be Davis or may be talking to them in anticipation of ordering. First of all if I not discovered IRV2 and found out about the Big4 at the time, it would have cost me a lot of money when I purchased my 2022 Tiffin 32SA. I placed my order with Bill Hardy at Davis. I had talked to the other 3 (Sherman, Ingram, and Kings). Ingram did not seem very interested and then I found out they were in the middle of selling out. The other 3 were very nice and interested in my business. I chose Bill because he was old school and would rather talk on the phone instead of Email or text. I did most of the calling, but if he didn't pick up he always got back to me the next day. I flew down on August 23 when my coach was ready, Bill picked me up at the airport, got me lunch and started my PDI with Gary, the service tech. Kudos to Gary also. He is very personable and patient while going thru the coach. This was my 5th RV but we still spent about 4 hours going over the coach. After that was done Bill took me out on a test drive and showed me a grocery store, gas station, and also the campground that I was staying at for the next couple of nights. It was Bill's suggestion to spend a couple of nights to go over the coach. I also shipped some supplies UPS to Bill to use for my drive home to northeast Ohio. I found several minor problems the first night and Bill and Gary got me in the next day and took care of all but one which ended up being a major problem that has to go back to the factory. More on that to post later.

Bottom line is I was well taken care of. One thing to be aware of is that Memphis has a city sales tax that I wasn't made aware of until I got the final paperwork for the order. It was not a deal breaker but I would have liked to know about it while we got the pricing together. It would have paid for my plane ticket and fuel to get home. I stayed at the Jellystone RV park just south of the dealership. It is a nice park but their site prices change constantly, even thru the day. They call it dynamic pricing! The price I paid was higher during a 12 hour time frame and I was pretty much told it sucks to be me. It wasn't the money but the business ethics I live by are much different. I won't stay there again.

I have no idea what the new ownership will do to the dealership, but if Bill and Gary are still there and allowed to service their customers like they did me, I would certainly buy from them again. Hope this helps someone because I too did not know what to expect and it turned out OK.
mikervet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2021, 11:30 PM   #2

I assume they didnít cover tour first night of camping? When I placed my order (pre sale to Dixie rv), I was told they pay for a single night of camping- prob will not now the company is sold . I might ask bill to have the unit delivered to another on of the GARV locations to avoid the Memphis city tax and since there is no free camping night and itís closer for my travels too, Iíll see what they say.
Ebwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:31 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
mikervet said:
"I stayed at the Jellystone RV park just south of the dealership. It is a nice park but their site prices change constantly, even thru the day. They call it dynamic pricing! The price I paid was higher during a 12 hour time frame and I was pretty much told it sucks to be me."

That is totally astounding to me.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out for that kind of thing in the future
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:30 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Off topic, but dynamic pricing is becoming a thing in the world of campground management. https://www.rvtravel.com/andy-zipser...vt-newsletter/
Old 10-11-2021, 08:38 AM   #5

No free night of camping. I thought it would be nice for them to include a water supply hose and sewer hose, but I had to buy them with no discount and their price was about double of that at Walmart. Since I was driving a motorhome and did not know my way around it made sense to buy it at the dealership. No full tank of gas. I think it had a little less than half a tank. The propane tank was full.
Old 10-11-2021, 10:55 AM   #6

I know Bill said they donít fill up the tanks (with such a low price). Iíd rather get an empty tank and save 10-15k on the rig (thatís some expensive fuel from other dealers). I donít even expect a top notch PDI. Sometimes you get what you pay for. I can take the rig to red bay for all the fixes.
Ebwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 01:38 PM   #7

I was just at the Tiffin Rally Casa Grande AZ La Measa RV have some 2022 coaches on display and for sale they had a 2022 34 PA for 201K no washer/dryer no Liquid springs. I could not believe that price for a gas coach. I hope Davis gave you a better price then La Measa
kg6vvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 06:21 PM   #8

Glad we sold our 2012 Tiffin 32CA, when we move out of north GA to be near my wife's son and family. Main reason we sold motorhome was we couldn't park it at new sub-division. No more rv's for me.
Old 10-29-2021, 07:56 PM   #9

When I picked it up in August I was told that I would probably never see a price like that again. 26% off MSRP on 3/19.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:39 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
I don't care about a free sewer hose or a free night of camping. Just give me a good price on my motorhome and I'll pay for this stuff. I bought my 2020 from Davis and was very pleased with my experience and the price.

Tags
motor, motorhome