RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nav/Radio Questions

I have a 2013 Allegro 34TGA and a couple of radio questions

1. Is there a way to get the Bluetooth to work with an iPhone 6? I see selections for an iPhone 5 and they do not work.

2. Is the Sirius XM radio supposed to work? The choice is there on the menu, but I get a tuner error when I try to find station 0 to get the code to subscribe.

The unit itself says Kenwood on it, but the manual says JVC. Is there a firmware upgrade that can be applied like the one using the USB for the navigation?

Any input will be greatly appreciated as always.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2017, 10:45 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I couldn't get my siriusxm to work either with the Kenwood radio. However when looking under the dash behind the radio I found the xm receiver. I don't even know if it is connected to my radio. It has a number on it that might be the info needed to subscribe to siriusxm radio. Can't help you with your other questions

flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:11 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Great. Thanks. I'll check tonight. They likely forgot to connect it.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:55 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I checked tonight. There is nothing else but the Kenwood radio.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:03 AM   #5

There is a module you can buy for Sirius/XM. Do a search for compatible satellite receivers for your particular model of Kenwood radio. It usually comes with the cable to connect right to the back of the radio. It will then give you that function when you subscribe. They are like $30 to $50 bucks.

I don't know if Tiffin installs the satellite radio antenna in all coaches. If not the antenna is a small square device ablut the size of a credit card. You can lay it on the dash if need be but it will work better on the roof.

If you go to the Kenwood site and look up your radio model you will be able to find info on updating the firmware in your radio. I just did mine in my 2016 Allegro. Most updates are usually bluetooth protocols and that might be what is needed to get your iphone to connect.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:07 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think if your Kenwood receives the siriusxm sample channel #1 than you are set up for sirius radio. Mine receives the sample channel but I have not activated Sirius xm. I have it in my Jeep and just don't want another expense in the RV since I don't full time.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
The update ---

I do not receive the sample channel. I get a tuner error when I select Satellite Radio. Channel Zero should/would be available with the radio number for activation but it is not.

I do not have the Sirius XM module behind the radio where others do and Tiffin said it would be if it was there.

I do have a small flat device mounted on the roof over the driver seat which looks to me like an antenna. I found a disconnected SMB type connection under the dash that is likely the antenna.

To get XM, I need to buy and install the module (looks easy) and activate a subscription. I only plan to use it 3 months per year on the longer trips.

As far as the Bluetooth goes -
The phone says it is connected to the Radio, but the radio does not connect to the phone.

I sent an email to Kenwood customer service and naturally have not received a response.

There is no update available for the BT for this radio (DNX570TR) on the Kenwood web site. I did update the Navigation firmware. Their 'tool' says that the support stopped with the i5.

Tiffin was helpful providing information on the XM part, (buy one), but for the BT, they said to contact Kenwood. I just find it difficult to believe that the XM box was not included with the RV, especially since it looks like the antenna was installed.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Tags
radio