Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2021, 06:43 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
NEED- 2012 Tiffin Phaeton-Freightliner Ign. electrical wiring drawing

2012 Tiffin Phaeton, no start from key, starts fine with aux sw. , so here is my dilemma.

My starting batteries are 3 months old, all connections are clean and tight. Voltage is good on batteries.
Will do nothing when key switch is turned on, no dash, not start no nothing.

When I use aux bypass that is suppose to only close the Chassis sol. back in rear Passenger side basement compartment, bring on house batteries in parallel with starting batteries, all works.

Now, this tells me that when aux switch is used, it not only brings on the 12VDC from chassis batteries, BUT IT MUST ALSO BYPASS THE KEY SWITCH CIRCUITRY, AND THIS WOULD SEEM TO SAY, THAT CIRCUITRY IS THE PROBLEM.

SHAME ON FREIGHTLINER AND ALL OTHERS, TIFFIN, CUMMINS, FOR NOT PROVIDING 100% ACCURATE ELECTRICAL DRAWINGS TO VEHICLE OWNER
SO WE CAN TROUBLESHOOT THESE TYPES OF PROBLEMS.

YES , I HAVE CALLED FREIGHTLINER, NO I HAVE NOT YT OBTAINED A DRAWING (S) THAT CORRECTLY SHOW THIS CIRCUITRY, I WAS AN INDUSTRIAL MASTER ELECTRICIAN, AND LATER AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
FOR 45 YEARS, SO I AM NOT SPEAKING FROM A PLACE OF IGNORANCE.

If anyone has a complete electrical wiring diagram, or schematic that accurately indicates the Start batteries to the ign. key sw. and starter solenoid, and also the circuitry from the Aux switch to the Start sol. for a 2012 Tiffin phaeton/Freightliner I would be so appreciative.
JerryD
jerryd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2021, 06:46 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Sounds like your chassis battery disconnect solenoid is open. Did you hit the disconnect switch by accident??
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:34 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Hey, thank you for your reply. I found the problem, no thanks to having a decent Tiffin:Freightliner electrical drawing. As it turns out, this MH has a drivers sife front basement compartment, with a small enclodure called the PDM, power distribution module.
This module is really a box with 12VDC relays, fuses and circuit breakers that also control relay for ignition system. The ign relay contact pins had become wet and just slightly corroded. Cleaned with White Vinegar and q tip, took care of issue. Covered PDM To prevent a reoccurrence. Thanks to all who offer help.
jerryd13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical, electrical wiring, freightliner, phaeton, tiffin, wiring