Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Need Front TV Mount Recommendation for 07 AB

I have a 2007 Allegro Bus that has the original 32" Panasonic TV. I would like to replace it with a 42". I know there may be some folks who have done this. If you have or know I would like to hear as to what kind of mount did you use and any other helpful pointers? Thanks kindly for your input!

SRH
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #2

Inquiring minds want to know also
Old 11-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I also want to replace my TV. I want details too.
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Here ya go gents. Click on the following link and start reading.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3486456
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
I have a 2007 Allegro Bus that has the original 32" Panasonic TV. I would like to replace it with a 42". I know there may be some folks who have done this. If you have or know I would like to hear as to what kind of mount did you use and any other helpful pointers? Thanks kindly for your input!

SRH
I would be inclined to remove the 32 and look at moving the factory mount rearward and reusing it to mount the 42 as it should be using same mounting technique.it would hang about 2 inches below the current(lower) wood trim

iam basing this idea on the fact I have a AB with a front 32 and mid 42 LCD and measured the 42 to see how much area there was to mount one up front
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Here ya go gents. Click on the following link and start reading.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3486456
JC2,
Thanks for your reply - the link above is not valid!
Regards,
SRH
Old 11-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
JC2,
Thanks for your reply - the link above is not valid!
Regards,
SRH
try my suggestion you may very well be able to make this idea work for your
MH
Old 11-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #8

i removed my tv and bracket and installed a 2x4 to the bottom of rear of tv that rested on the bottomof tv cab and the top 2x4 that i mounted to the back of the tv at the top two back screws I was able to send two screws from the back of cabinet to draw the tv tight to the appostered cabinet minus the cherry face frame and all i had left to do is add a 2"black filler strip on the top to ceiling
cdolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdolan View Post
i removed my tv and bracket and installed a 2x4 to the bottom of rear of tv that rested on the bottomof tv cab and the top 2x4 that i mounted to the back of the tv at the top two back screws I was able to send two screws from the back of cabinet to draw the tv tight to the appostered cabinet minus the cherry face frame and all i had left to do is add a 2"black filler strip on the top to ceiling
you did this in a 2007 Allegro Bus all the while installing a 42 inch LCD TV?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #10
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrepairnut View Post
I would be inclined to remove the 32 and look at moving the factory mount rearward and reusing it to mount the 42 as it should be using same mounting technique.it would hang about 2 inches below the current(lower) wood trim

iam basing this idea on the fact I have a AB with a front 32 and mid 42 LCD and measured the 42 to see how much area there was to mount one up front
It sounds like a logical approach! I'll definitely try your suggestion when it is not so cold and I can work on my coach. Thanks for sharing it
SRH
Old 12-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #11

Chris Berry in Red Bay put in a 40 samsung for us, great guy and tv. Look on the Tiffin users web site, lots of how to do its. Richard
richardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn View Post
Chris Berry in Red Bay put in a 40 samsung for us, great guy and tv. Look on the Tiffin users web site, lots of how to do its. Richard
Iam sure SRH and others can install a front Tv in place of another without driving all the way to alabama.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #13

We had ours done in Junction City, Oregon last year at Innovative Coachworks. He put in a 6000 series 46" Samsung. We have an 05, Allegro Bus and the TV fit in the original wood trim and looks factory. It still has wood showing all the way around. I think the TV only weighed 20 lbs, way lighter than the original monster. You can get it in 3D too if you want to. Steve
steved44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved44 View Post
We had ours done in Junction City, Oregon last year at Innovative Coachworks. He put in a 6000 series 46" Samsung. We have an 05, Allegro Bus and the TV fit in the original wood trim and looks factory. It still has wood showing all the way around. I think the TV only weighed 20 lbs, way lighter than the original monster. You can get it in 3D too if you want to. Steve
steve?
That tv is 43 inches wide? Unless innovative streached the factory wood surround with new wood added there is no way the factory wood will work.
Also at 43 inches wide you would be running into the cabinet doors beside the existing tV ,s and they will have to be trimmed