RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2020, 12:48 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Need Help...Used RV Pricing

Hello everyone. I am looking for help with used RV pricing. I am in the market for a used Tiffin, primarily a Phaeton between 2010-2015. There are plenty to choose from with varying prices.
Could any provide any good rule of thumb with regards to pricing and negotiating on a used Motorhome.
Are most used coaches negotiable?
How much below NADA is typical?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Poppie1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2020, 12:57 PM   #2

Used RVs like used cars sell for what someone else is willing to pqy for it. NADA is not a good place to look. Look at RV trader, pick a few and check the prices. That will give you a starting point. What you pay could be asking to 20% less than asking price.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:45 PM   #3

Bought a '16 40 QBH/44k miles. $179000. Was generally less than other older ones, but they would not budge on price. Got 6 new Michelins, all deficiencies the inspector found, and the MKX set up to tow. Found RVTrader.com possibly the best place to find comps in price and years. You have the first item on list done--brand; now figure out the floorplan(s) you and wife are willing to have. Then start the comparison shopping. Look at as many as possible, may have to drive some to see them all. It can be a fun, but tiring search--but will pay off when you find the ONE.
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:25 PM   #4

If you find one you like, you can order an appraisal from: https://rvpricingandappraisals.com/

They will give you a realistic price to shoot for. Unfortunately, many people are just too proud of their used coach to put a realistic price on it.
gorgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you look at RV trader, youíll find prices that as mentioned , are all over the place. Some folks think their coach is worth more than you can buy one new at one of the big three.
Find the lowest price from a private owner and go take a look. The coach should have a clean accident sheet, all maintenance records. A walk around in the first few minutes will tell if the coach has been taken care of.
garykk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:23 PM   #6

When I bought my 2014 Phaeton 36GH last year I paid pretty much the asking price. I was willing to travel across country if need be, but lucked out and got one about 100 miles from home. It was priced at the lower end of the few coaches advertised with this floor plan. I was looking for quite a few months. It had all the records and was in very nice condition.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:21 PM   #7

We looked for nearly two years. Put deposits on two only to pull out. I found it amazing that people would pay all the money for a coach and not take care of it. Get an inspector and make sure you have them do fluid testing including the coolant, which may be the most important. In all the coaches we looked at, most never had an SCA test done or any other coolant maintenance. The end result, depending on mileage, can be a rebuild.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:26 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Thank you so much to everyone that replied to my request for help. My search has ended with the purchase of my first Class A DP. In a few weeks I will be the proud owner of a
2010 Phaeton. I was able to negotiate a good deal but not a great deal. The Coach looks like it has never been used. Not one scratch on it. All records plus a lot of extras.
Poppie1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:54 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations on your new Phaeton. Best of luck with it.

Thank you for following up and telling us what you decided on.

Tags
need help