RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #1

Need Info on Removing Front TV

We have a 2015 36LA and want to insulate behind the front TV and the front cabinets. Does anyone know how to get behind the TV and cabinets or know how to temporarily remove the front TV to get behind it?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
On our '15 Allegro RED, you removed the wood grillwork underneath the TV, then there were about four screws holding the mount. Be sure you have someone support the TV when you remove the screws as it is held UP in postion and will drop down once the screws are removed. Yours may be similar since it's the same year, but our new one has no exposed screws at all, so I'm assuming it has to be removed from behind through the cabinets. I insulated behind ours through the cabinets without removing the TV.

'16 Jeep JKU Wrangler Sahara or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRosado View Post
We have a 2015 36LA and want to insulate behind the front TV and the front cabinets. Does anyone know how to get behind the TV and cabinets or know how to temporarily remove the front TV to get behind it?
Are you insulating the top of those cabinets?
oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
On our '15 Allegro RED, you removed the wood grillwork underneath the TV, then there were about four screws holding the mount. Be sure you have someone support the TV when you remove the screws as it is held UP in postion and will drop down once the screws are removed. Yours may be similar since it's the same year, but our new one has no exposed screws at all, so I'm assuming it has to be removed from behind through the cabinets. I insulated behind ours through the cabinets without removing the TV.
Thank you. How did you get through the cabinets? It seems this would be easier than taking down the TV.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldSarge98 View Post
Are you insulating the top of those cabinets?
We are insulating every inch that we can get to. Just finished the bedroom today. I would post pictures, but I'm not sure how to do that on this forum.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:31 PM   #6

Quote:
We are insulating every inch that we can get to. Just finished the bedroom today. I would post pictures, but I'm not sure how to do that on this forum.
Hope this works to post the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DrawersSm.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	202299   Click image for larger version

Name:	ReflectixSm.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	202300  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FeltSm.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	202301   Click image for larger version

Name:	ClosetSm.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	202302  

Old 05-11-2018, 03:07 PM   #7

A bit more detail..... Assuming your '15 LA is the same as my '15 SA.

To remove the front TV, you are going to need someone to help you.

Remove the slotted panel on the cabinet below the TV.

Look up, and you'll see 3 or 4 screws. These are what hold the TV in place, from the bottom.

The bracket on the TV has a flat plate that is UNDER the flat plate mounted to the cabinet, so all the weight of the TV rests on these screws. This is kind of counter intuitive, as you would think the bracket of the TV would rest on the plate mounted to the cabinet..... It does not, so this is why you have to be very careful.

At the top of the TV bracket is an upside down J that slides UNDER a similar J on the top of the cabinet mount. This keeps the TV from moving back and forth.

As you remove the screws, you need to have someone holding the TV up, when you remove the last screw the TV will basically fall straight down.

To put the TV back in, you slide the top J on the TV under the J on the cabinet bracket, and the flat plate on the bottom of the TV sits under the flat plate on the cabinet. So again, need someone to hold the TV in place as you put the screws back in the bottom plate from below.

Hope this makes sense.....
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you. How did you get through the cabinets? It seems this would be easier than taking down the TV.
Look at the back wall of the cabinets. There are some square drive screws in the paneling. Just remove those and the back comes out, and it will be open behind to the front cap. The back panels should be split down the middle with a backer piece behind. It's only necessary to remove one side of the center screws. It takes a little reach or maybe use a stick to get insulation to the middle front, but it can be done from the cabinets on each side.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:57 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Look at the back wall of the cabinets. There are some square drive screws in the paneling. Just remove those and the back comes out, and it will be open behind to the front cap. The back panels should be split down the middle with a backer piece behind. It's only necessary to remove one side of the center screws. It takes a little reach or maybe use a stick to get insulation to the middle front, but it can be done from the cabinets on each side.
What type of insulation did you use in the front cap. I am starting the insulation project this year. Have heard nothing but good results.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
What type of insulation did you use in the front cap. I am starting the insulation project this year. Have heard nothing but good results.
We have ordered some of the denim insulation from Amazon, but won't have it until around May 25th.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
I used fiberglass batts on two coaches, but I may order some of the denim insulation this time. I've read good things about the denim.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:36 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I have the back wall cabinet screws in my 36LA. The shelf is permanently attached to the side walls on both cabinets beside the TV. Gonna remove the TV so I will have a much larger hole to look and push insulation through. I was able to see there is nothing behind the front cabinets except space. A lot of wasted space in there. Tiffin should redesign the front cabinets for more storage. Waiting on reflextic delivery from Amazon to do slide cabinets.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:

I’m a bit late to the party here but I found the information here to be relevant to today and thought I’d add to the discussion.

I’ve got a 2014 Allegro Open Road 31SA. I really didn’t have someone to help removing the TV so I took some Gorilla tape (a strong version of duct tape) and taped the top of the tv to the cabinet. I ran the tape all the way across the tv and wrapped the ends of the table around the cabinet. I only had to stick the tape to the plastic tv housing and not to the screen. It was enough to keep the tv from falling out and I was able to disconnect the HDMI, Coax cable and power cord. Hope this helps.