Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2021, 12:01 PM   #1

New 2021 Bus 40IP

We just took delivery of our new rig and getting acquainted with it. There are a lot of things we really like but there are some things that are strange. The best example is the refrigerator, we were quite surprised that it does not have ice in the door. Our last Tiffin was a 2014 Phaeton that had water and ice in the door and kinda of expected that on a new Bus. Is this what all 40IP's get? And no blue tooth option for the spyder controls. It can be added for $550 from spyder but surprised it is not a standard item.

Overall we are pleasantly surprised by how few problems we have found, nothing serious, mostly just some minor adjustments.

I would like to hear from some other folks with new Buses about their reactions to the standard appliances.
Asmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2021, 12:25 PM   #2

I looked at several 2021 Buses and Phaetons. All had ice and water in the door. The Tiffin website shows ice and water in the door in the Phaeton. No pics of the fridge on the Bus website.
I did hear refrigerators were tough to get with COVID supply chain issues and the Tiffin brochure does have the disclaimer about making changes but someone should have let you known during the build.
wjohnson913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:31 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yup, I’ll bet you got stuck with whatever Tiffin could get.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:43 PM   #4

Our 2021 Phaeton 40IH does not have ice in the door.

Sam
Old 02-23-2021, 03:00 PM   #5
Elf

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin switched refrigerators mid year. We were looking at ordering a new one and that was one of the changes.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:49 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
You need to understand there are many issues currently getting piece parts. Like refrigerators. Also heard getting heat pumps was very challenging. Our Bus came with a LG fridge. Much nicer than what “should” have come with it.

On our 14 bus the ice maker was a pain in the &@$. The lg is great. Much more ice and it does not take up part of the fridge. It’s a very welcomed upgrade. Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmiley View Post
And no blue tooth option for the spyder controls. It can be added for $550 from spyder but surprised it is not a standard item.
Do you have a reference for that? I haven't heard anything about being able to get a remote option from Tiffin or Spyder before (just Coach Proxy which isn't being updated).

Would love to get it if avialable!
mikeluce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 06:38 AM   #8

Ice in door

Our 2021 Allegro Bus OPP does have ice in the door.
Alysonstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:59 PM   #9

The ice maker and water dispensers that are installed in the cavity of the door of the refrigerator are the most prone to receive repairs.... This can increase the energy the freezer uses if you need to use a lot of ice throughout the day.

I have the G.E. Profile Side-By-Side w/Ice Maker (22.6 Cu. Ft.) and just disconnected the ice maker/water. I get bagged ice rather that making ice with the water at the RV site.

Just MHO.

Ray
texasrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:33 PM   #10

We have a 2021 Phaeton 40IH with NO ice maker. I know they were having serious supply chain issues and refrigerators were one of them. You could tell that the LG barely fits on the platform and the leveling bolts are held onto the base with screws.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:17 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Just curious about all the new 2021 tiffins. What brand of hvac units are being installed now?
It is my understanding that because of supply chain issues and COVID that Coleman units are nowhere to be found. I even saw a post where some dealers were having to return units so the big users could continue manufacturing.
Someone on Tiffin or irv2 forum posted he had three bad units and couldn’t find a replacement anywhere. He called air excell and they were working with him.
So I am wondering if Dometic has this problem and if Tiffin has had to change brands?
robbier49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:26 AM   #12

Whirlpool icemaker

I have a 2018 AB 37AP with a Whirlpool refrigerator. The icemaker quit on the last trip. I have run the tests listed on the tech sheet and all tests were good.

I have worn the internet out trying to find a fix. No luck

Model WRF550CDHz00

Bob Penland
803-230-3660
Treefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 09:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmiley View Post
We just took delivery of our new rig and getting acquainted with it. There are a lot of things we really like but there are some things that are strange. The best example is the refrigerator, we were quite surprised that it does not have ice in the door. Our last Tiffin was a 2014 Phaeton that had water and ice in the door and kinda of expected that on a new Bus. Is this what all 40IP's get? And no blue tooth option for the spyder controls. It can be added for $550 from spyder but surprised it is not a standard item.

Overall we are pleasantly surprised by how few problems we have found, nothing serious, mostly just some minor adjustments.

I would like to hear from some other folks with new Buses about their reactions to the standard appliances.
We just bought a Allegro red 38LL. We got a LG refrigerator and it doesn't have a ice maker. It does have a manual fill ice tray that has a lever to dump the ice in a bin! It's interesting that there is a water line in the back of the access door, but its capped off. Guess the appliance shortage caused the issue. We really don't mind not getting a ice maker. It takes up a lot of freezer space, and is a pain to winterize.
Question? Does your new coach have leveling Jack's? Ours is leveled strictly using the air bad system. My previous coach had Jack's, and I miss the solid feel when setup on a site.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210513_160211.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	329198
Treetopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 12:51 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
It’s amazing they were even able to buy any fridge at all for new coaches.

Chock it up to wuhon flu.
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote