Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #1

New 34PA Questions

My first post on this forum. We were not looking for a Class A until we saw the 34PA at the rally in Perry,GA. Trying to decide how to or not equip. We will not be living in it full time.

Our current thinking; table & chairs vs dinette, wiring for Winegard Trav'ler versus in motion satellite, cockpit TV, shelves in bath versus washer/dryer, king bed vs Queen, no driver door, use free standing GPS vs built-in, 15K A/C with heat pump, Summo Shocks vs standard.

We would welcome your thoughts. Thank you.
TxBeekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Much is personal preference, but I'd offer one thought......we use the washer/dryer stack much more than we ever thought we would. We end up packing less clothes, and don't have a big pile of dirty clothes laying around either. Very convenient.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:27 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBeekeeper View Post
My first post on this forum. We were not looking for a Class A until we saw the 34PA at the rally in Perry,GA. Trying to decide how to or not equip. We will not be living in it full time.

Our current thinking; table & chairs vs dinette, wiring for Winegard Trav'ler versus in motion satellite, cockpit TV, shelves in bath versus washer/dryer, king bed vs Queen, no driver door, use free standing GPS vs built-in, 15K A/C with heat pump, Summo Shocks vs standard.

We like the dinette over the table and chairs, washer and drier(stacked), why waste room on a king bed unless you are a large person? We have free standing Gramin GPS, built ins are limited and NO free map upgrades, 15K AC for sure.
Our previous MH was a gasser and I wished it had the Summo setup and thought a driver's door would have been nice but a necessity . We also passed on the motion Satelite and got ours prewired for Traveler
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Queen bed
Pre-wire
15k heat pump
Portable GPS
Old 04-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #5

Our 31SA is our first RV, that we ordered in Dec. 2014, took delivery in March 2015, and now have almost 9000 miles and about 150 nights out. We love it.....

First thing you want the 26k chassis on that coach. Not sure if that is standard now or it is still the 24k, in either case you want the bigger chassis. We upgraded from the 22k-24k chassis on our 31SA and it is really nice having a high CCC. We also did Sumos.

Having a Direct TV Travler was a must have for us (ok, me ) and we had the pre-wire done and our dealer did the Travler install as part of our delivery prep. I did all 4 TVs, and just about have the outside TV glare challenge under control.

Big front heat pump is also a must have, so you don't have to run th gas furnace unless it gets below the low 40s. The silly fireplace is nice too, actually. Easy way to do a quick warm up in the evening or morning.......

We also did convection microwave (without the regular oven), counter top / kitchen upgrade, big generator, residential fridge, as well as the GPS which is ok but we also have learned to have a maps program open on the iPad when we need to see a bigger picture of where we are going than just the next turn (which you need to know is correct).

We did not do the drivers door, and understand the appeal of another exit, but I hear more complaints about wind noise from it than anyone ever using it.

We also did the booth, pleather which we really like because it simply brightens up the interior (as well as the lighter cabinets) but we have no pets, kids or grandkids to deal with.

We just use the campground laundry (not that we had a choice) and it's easy enough to to get it all done once a week In a couple hours. It also seems to me that unless you are a full timer, they are kind of a pita to deal with.....

Good luck!
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #6

We bought a 2012 32CA a couple of years ago. We like the chairs and table, a/c with heat pump. Don't care for 3rd tv up front that we never use. Sumo's are good if you get from factory. I had a suspension up grade done with sway bars and a Safe-T-Plus up front. The 24,000 frame with 22.5 wheels seems to be plenty solid. Dave
Old 04-27-2016, 05:04 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
15K A/C with heat pump
I would definitely go with the Sumo Springs. No brainer to me.
We have preferred the table and chairs - never have cared for booth, just more versatile.
I wouldn't worry with driver door either. Just about have to be a contortionist to use it.
Our current coach has the combo w/d. We have not used it yet, although I'm happy to have it. Our usage just doesn't need it. However, on our next coach I really want the stacked w/d. I can see it as a benefit.
Personally, I want a fireplace too if available.
We want the queen bed so there is a bit more room around the bed.
Portable GPS is the way to go.
Oh - one last thought - I definitely want a ceiling fan in the bedroom.

I'm hoping to get a 34PA or 36LA in a year or so.
Just my thoughts.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
We also did the booth, pleather which we really like because it simply brightens up the interior (as well as the lighter cabinets) but we have no pets, kids or grandkids to deal with.
Just to clarify the paragraph above, we have the cream pleather.........

And that bedroom fan is a must have too, as small bedrooms certainly can use some air circulation.

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBeekeeper View Post
Ours came with the in-motion satellite and I wish I had been able to get a Travler instead, but we bought off the lot. It also came with a King bed which we changed out for a queen after one trip. The king was too hard to make up and very little room on either side. The DW said she didn't want a washer/dryer but after a few trips now she wouldn't be without one. Personally, given a choice I would have gone with a free standing GPS. The RV760 from Garmin is the same display and software as the built in and you get lifetime map updates where you have to purchase updates for the built in. However, the Kenwood radio system that has the built in GPS is great. Definitely get the 15k heat pumps. I wanted a dinette, but this one had the table and chairs. It has some advantage with extra storage and I'm getting used to it.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:15 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Our 32SA has the upgraded chassis which you should also order.
Ceiling fan has been great.
Driver door-extra emergency exit.
Fireplace-used it all the time. Heat pumps are not very effective but the larger air conditioner will serve you well. We did not upgrade to the larger air conditioner and wish I had. The front has to cover more square feet then the bedroom one.
Love the King Bed.
Residential fridge is a great option. If you go this route be sure to get the larger inverter.
Traveler satellite is the only way to go.
Upgrade your surge protector!
My best investment has been a macerator to dump the holding tanks. I would never go back to a messy hose.
We love the work station vs. the dining table! So much more functional.
Summo springs.
Good Luck!!
RickyB44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:17 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
We have the 33aa. Glad we have the well padded dinette. It can be made into a bed for our granddaughter, it also has a second use as seats for extra people who need to get their legs elevated, leaving room for nine people to relax. Also glad we have the fireplace. It warms up the kitchen/living room in no time, and it's not noisy.

Probably wouldn't have ordered it, as RV was bought off the lot. So glad to have both the nice dinette and the fireplace. forgot to add, love, love love the king bed! Very comfortable , twin sides makes sheet changing easy. Ultra comfy and supportive to my back. One reason we upgraded from the sprinter to the diesel was for the room to have a good bed, which the sprinter did not.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote