Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2021, 06:23 AM   #1

New 34PA Questions

We bought a 2021 34 PA last week and will be taking it out this week. I have a lot of questions since this is out first Class A, moved up from a TT.

1) I knew coming into this that the ride would be rough and plan on having liquid springs installed. Do I need to take it to the manufacture of liquid springs or are there local dealers that install them. Also, will only installing in the the rear be enough for a smoother ride or will I need the front as well? Any idea of the cost, I’ve read $10k-$13k, is that for both front and rear?

2) From what I’ve read and watched on YouTube, all Tiffins are supposed to have a list of all of the manufacturers serial numbers for everything in the coach on a piece of paper attached inside the closet. Mine doesn’t not have this.

3) What kind of upgrades can be done to the brakes?

4) I noticed some issues in the 900 mile drive back home after taking delivery. Nothing major and we plan to use it on several trips throughout the summer. My plan is to create a list then take it to Red Bay in September, I do not want to take it back to General due to everyone I dealt with being incompetent along with the whole process being the worse buying experience of my life. Do I need an appointment at Red Bay or just show up. How does that whole process work?

5) What tow bar set up is recommended? Also, can a brake controller for the towed be installed inside the coach.

These are just a few of my questions and I’m sure I’ll have more after every trip. Thanks for any input.
Cyrustut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2021, 07:15 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ride issue get it weighed and set tire pressure accordingly. Going to Red Bay is hit and miss, no telling how long you will sit. Toad brakes use a self controlled unit in the car, no hard wired controller in the rv.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:45 AM   #3

Your owners package should include either an SD card or USB stick with manuals and other information. Included in that should be two files, one with appliance info and one with chassis, motor and transmission info.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:38 AM   #4

When I had my 32SA I read you should not consider suspension upgrades until you drive it 5,000 miles. For me, it was good advise. I became a better driver and it drove better after an alignment and proper tire pressure. By the time you add in all the suspension upgrades you can, youíre close to the price of a Red.

I donít think you can do anything with brakes except learn how to use them properly. Once again, one of the advantages of a DP is better braking.

Iím taking my Phaeton to Red Bay and dropping it off. I had a similar experience with General RV which is 30 minutes from my house. They were fine at fixing VERY minor issues but referred most of the work to Tiffin. Any paint, wood or chassis work is best done at Red Bay. Since I have no idea how long itís going to be there, Iím dropping it off, flying home them will go back when itís complete.
EcoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:10 PM   #5
Fio

Hi! I have similar questions so I thought it might be good to add onto this thread.

I have a new 2021 Open Road 32SA with the V8. I already added the Safe T plus. As far as tire pressures, my front axle weight is 7500 lbs (I couldn't weigh each corner). According to the Michelin tire pressure chart my front tires should be set at 70 lbs correct? Both my front tires from delivery are set at 95 lbs. According to the Michelin chart 95 lbs would be for a 9610 lb front axle weight. Should I lower the pressure? 70 lbs seems a little low to me?

What does a lower tire pressure do...give a softer ride? What does a higher tire pressure do?

Second question, it came with the the Wifi Ranger. The router box above the passenger seat was not connected when I got it. I plugged in the power cord and signal cable but it won't power up. There is power at the receptacle. I pressed the reset button on the router and still no power. Any ideas? I thinking the router is bad.

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2021, 09:22 PM   #6

Sent you a PM about tow setup for sale.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fio View Post
Hi! I have similar questions so I thought it might be good to add onto this thread.

I have a new 2021 Open Road 32SA with the V8. I already added the Safe T plus. As far as tire pressures, my front axle weight is 7500 lbs (I couldn't weigh each corner). According to the Michelin tire pressure chart my front tires should be set at 70 lbs correct? Both my front tires from delivery are set at 95 lbs. According to the Michelin chart 95 lbs would be for a 9610 lb front axle weight. Should I lower the pressure? 70 lbs seems a little low to me?

What does a lower tire pressure do...give a softer ride? What does a higher tire pressure do?

Second question, it came with the the Wifi Ranger. The router box above the passenger seat was not connected when I got it. I plugged in the power cord and signal cable but it won't power up. There is power at the receptacle. I pressed the reset button on the router and still no power. Any ideas? I thinking the router is bad.

Thanks!
The air supports the weight. The more air the “harder” the tire. Think of pumping up a beach ball. You want the lowest pressure that can safely support the weight. Also if your front axle weight is 7500lbs, each tire supports half the load. So each tire would be holding 3750lbs.
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massparanoia View Post
The air supports the weight. The more air the ďharderĒ the tire. Think of pumping up a beach ball. You want the lowest pressure that can safely support the weight. Also if your front axle weight is 7500lbs, each tire supports half the load. So each tire would be holding 3750lbs.
If you donít have individual corner weights add a fudge facor of a few additional PSI. these coaches are frequently several hundepred pounds different from right to left side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrustut View Post
We bought a 2021 34 PA last week and will be taking it out this week. I have a lot of questions since this is out first Class A, moved up from a TT.

1) I knew coming into this that the ride would be rough and plan on having liquid springs installed. Do I need to take it to the manufacture of liquid springs or are there local dealers that install them. Also, will only installing in the the rear be enough for a smoother ride or will I need the front as well? Any idea of the cost, Iíve read $10k-$13k, is that for both front and rear?

2) From what Iíve read and watched on YouTube, all Tiffins are supposed to have a list of all of the manufacturers serial numbers for everything in the coach on a piece of paper attached inside the closet. Mine doesnít not have this.

3) What kind of upgrades can be done to the brakes?

4) I noticed some issues in the 900 mile drive back home after taking delivery. Nothing major and we plan to use it on several trips throughout the summer. My plan is to create a list then take it to Red Bay in September, I do not want to take it back to General due to everyone I dealt with being incompetent along with the whole process being the worse buying experience of my life. Do I need an appointment at Red Bay or just show up. How does that whole process work?

5) What tow bar set up is recommended? Also, can a brake controller for the towed be installed inside the coach.

These are just a few of my questions and Iím sure Iíll have more after every trip. Thanks for any input.
Liquid Spring has installers located around the US. They are independent businesses that have training and experience at installing the system. Reach out to the LS RV sales rep by calling the RV sales line on the Liquid Spring website. Wayne Wells is his name. Heíll help you figure out which installer makes sense.

I went the factory in Indiana for a four corner install. Mostly that was driven by timing, as I wanted the system for summer 2021 road tripping and it wasnít clear when the new front system would be widely available from third party installers. I think that situation has improved since I scheduled in February.

The system is great. Ride quality is as good as any DP Iíve ridden in, and handling and body control is better. Satisfied customer here.
Shadow5501 is offline   Reply With Quote