Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2020, 08:25 PM   #1

New Inspection list

Does anyone have an inspection/PDI list they used when picking up their RV, a list of must checks. I do have a small list started but want to make sure I'm not missing anything important, as this will be my first RV purchase. We will be picking it up the last week of this month at Sherman RV. Any ideas or strong points I need to pay extra attention too would be much appreciated. I am really looking forward to finally getting into my new RV as is the wife, but I need to make sure all is good with our new Tiffin Red 37PA. Any info is much appreciated!
jabradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2020, 11:41 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase of a Tiffin. Are you purchasing the Tiffin new/used from a dealer, purchasing from a consignment dealer, or purchasing from a private seller? If purchasing from a reputable dealer, they should perform a comprehensive PDI for you to review. If purchasing from a consignment dealer or private seller, I highly recommend hiring a certified RV inspector to inspect the Tiffin and build any problems that are identified into the purchase agreement. The NRVIA website can assist in finding a certified inspector --> https://nrvia.org/

Regardless of the PDI report, I physically test all of the major components before purchase i.e. slides properly move in and out, steps move properly, A/Cs - furnace - hot water heater work properly, all appliances and entertainment systems work properly, generator operates properly, toilets flush properly (especially if macerator type toilets), awnings work properly and of course for a motorhome that it has been taken on a lengthy test drive to assure engine and transmission are functioning properly.

And I assure there are no water leaks. To do all of this testing means the motorhome needs to be connected to shore power and water at the dealership or private seller's location.

Hope this helps!
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:08 AM   #3

Here is one used by most pros (or some version thereof) that's quite thorough imo.

http://www.rvlifestyleexperts.com/ge...0Checklist.pdf
Old 01-11-2020, 11:13 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
This is one I made several years ago, you're welcome to copy, paste, throw away, etc, etc. Note its intended for an F53 chassis, but its generic enough that it could be used for anything.

Pre-Purchase.DOC

This is one I specifically use for an early model F53 chassis:

F53 inspection / maintenance checklist – 1999 Southwind 35S

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 04:48 PM   #5

Thanks

Thank you for all the info every bit helps!
jabradley is offline   Reply With Quote