Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2022, 06:23 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
New Owner need help with some questions

I just bought a 2019 Open Road 36 UA. Big step up for me and the wife as we just sold our 2005 National Seabreeze.

I have only had it 3 days and some questions which might sound dumb but inquiring minds want to know.

1. When driving and I reach 70mph I start to get a low growl or you could say a bass-like hum in the front of the cab. At first, I thought it was road noise but the second I went below 70mph it stopped? It is really annoying and is a pronounced noise. My only guess is maybe some type of wind noise was created in the front engine cavity and if so how do you break that up or stop it?

2. Again, driving I have a sound like my valves are clattering when the rpm reaches 2800 and above or when the engine is in compression mode going down a grade without pressing on the gas? It makes no noise just running the engine without moving or when driving and the RPMs are under 2500?

3. Has anyone changed the TV wall mount on the TV that sits in the hallway above the fireplace if you have one or right next to the half bath? I would like it to swivel further so people on the dinette can see it better.

Thank you for any input you have and man do I love this coach....
kboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #2

Sounds like you have a good V10 engine. They make a lot of noise that people that maybe haven't had a Ford V10 before aren't used too. Hope you can find a good local RV mechanic where you live and never take it to any RV dealer. Also try driving it in tow-haul mode some.
Old 01-04-2022, 10:36 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There should be a mounting plate behind the Tv mount. Use a strong magnet to find the outline. That is if Tiffin did not mount the TV to the aluminum frame
Hopefully to can find a swivel mount with mounting holes similar to the stock mount.
As far as the engine noise, our first class A was on a Ford F-53 chassis and that V-10 was a screamer. The first time up a large incline and the transmission downshifted, I thought the engine was going to come thru the floor.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 10:54 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Item #1 solution = don't drive over 70, or you will hear the "speed" alarm.
Item #2 solution = don't rev her over 2800 RPM or you will hear the RPM alarm.
Item #3 you'r on your own.

Solutions are always as easy as ABC (Always buy Chevy).

Mike in Colorado
Old 01-04-2022, 11:48 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
The TV was on a BIG magnet and I just had to pull harder. Thanks
kboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 10:18 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I can't comment on the noises. Personally I would not drive the coach at 70 mph. My personal max is 63 mph with an occasional increase if I need to go around someone going let's say 60 to 62. My coach drives and handles fine, but I always feel like I would lose control of the coach pretty easily if going over 63 and a steer axle blowout occurs. I mean I realize it could happen even at 63, but it just feels like the right speed to drive my family safely to our destination. I realize everyone is different though.
Part Timers-Looking Fwd to being Anytimers
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 05:38 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We own a 2021 32SA and have greatly enjoyed our travels to date. We would certainly like to put our galley tv above the fireplace on a swivel as well. Has anyone actually done this? If so, how?
Phillips66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:16 PM   #8

Question 3 - TV Mount

On our 2012 RED the fixed TV mount made most viewing very uncomfortable. We installed a MORyde Double Arm Locking Mount. It was around $100 and is built like a tank. Solved all our viewing problems.
Brian O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help, new owner