Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2015, 05:02 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to albawsadv
New owners 36LA Questions

· What is the acceptable voltage drop in 24 hrs. on house batteries with the master battery switch off?

·

W Where is the GFI reset outlet on a Tiffin 36 LA. We have 3 GFI outlets in the kitchen area, one in each bathroom. None have the reset button on them.

· We were told by camping world not to use mud dobber screen on the refrigerators vents for a Dometic refrigerator. Does anybody have experience with Dometic refrigerators with the mud dobber screens? Our vents are 27 3/8” long. Any idea where we could find them?
albawsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2015, 06:25 PM   #2

I believe GFI reset is on main breaker panel. I can't check mine right now as its parked too close to my fence to extend the bedroom slide. I don't recall seeing other GFI reset on plug in mine.
Can't see why you could not fabricate aluminum window screen material to cover refridge vents from inside of cover. Just make sure it does not get clogged with dust etc.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As far as mud dauber protection. When we had the gas/elec refrigerators, I always hot glued fiberglass window screening to the inside of the louver panels...it was not really visible from the outside and workd just fine, never had one block up and ewsy to clean, just pop off panel once in awhile and rinse..
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
The GFI reset button on mine is on an outlet next to the toilet in the rear bath.... it's the only one I've found -
Old 03-25-2015, 12:45 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to albawsadv
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVdus View Post
The GFI reset button on mine is on an outlet next to the toilet in the rear bath.... it's the only one I've found -
Thanks, checked it out and that's it!!! Thought the only outlet in that bath was over the washer/dryer cabinet.
albawsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:26 PM   #6

36La screens

Go to Home depot and buy heavy black window screen replacement on the roll. It will say for pets. you can make your own and if your taking any small children or pets and planning to let them near a window replace that screen with the same material. make sure you get a in line surge protector and install before the model you have in the camper. Drop me a line and I'll send you the info on the cheapest price for the protector. $238.00 plus shipping out of Ohio.
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Cool glad that worked! It always takes me a minute to remember where it is - the placement doesn't really make sense...
Old 03-31-2015, 07:39 PM   #8

My 2cents using any type of cover that isn't on when you get the MH will cause more trouble than it will help, just check things out every once in a while. Dave