Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2008, 03:16 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to disup
With sales off on all motor homes has anyone entered in negotiations with a dealer for a new 2008 against a new 2009 Phaetons. Do you save any money if you decide to wait for the 2009?
disup is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2008, 03:16 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
New Phaetons 2009 vs 2008

With sales off on all motor homes has anyone entered in negotiations with a dealer for a new 2008 against a new 2009 Phaetons. Do you save any money if you decide to wait for the 2009?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

The '09s are out now. The 2010s will be out in another 6 months. Any '08s left on the lot by now are probably not optioned the best or have odd decor schemes or else most of them will have been sold off by now. The only real benefit to a 2008 is a reduced sticker price from the '09s. Other than that any competitive dealer will be discounting in the same range for either year because their cost doesn't go down just because it's a left over. The industry is slow enough that a dealer needs to discount all sales competitively, not just the leftovers.

In the long run you'll probably be better off ordering a 2009 so that you get it exactly the way you want, plus retain a higher resale value in later years.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:59 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tiffin made some great changes in 09 that I would suggest you look at. One that I love is the fact that those pleated shades are now gone and all windows have room darkening and sun shades that easily roll down on each window. The convection oven also now vents to the outside. The transmission control is now further forward making it easier to manually shift on hills as well as the switches angled for better viewing. May be worth the extra few dollars to have these changes and order exactly what you want.
Rich and Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #5

We picked up a 2008 36QSH that was loaded with many extras, that only increased the final price by only $1200. We got a little over a 1/3 off the sticker price, and the monthly payments that we wanted. The dealer even brought the coach to us sight unseen from FL to Atlanta. With no purchase needed. Great price and great service, and yes they need to sell them. So, if possible, find an 08, with most of the opions you want, and go for a 1/3 off or more.

These dealers have to pay the interest to the floor planner every month, so they would like to unload that monthly payment. It does not hurt to look for 08's, you might find one that comes close to what you are looking for.

Good luck good hunting.

360HP Cummings
jcrowder47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:29 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
They showed us a 36QSH 08 with a MSRP of $228,000 that they were willing to negotiate but we liked the 40 is that the same list price as yours? Did you have a trade-in or straight cash? We appreciate any info you don't mind sharing.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:20 AM   #7

If you like the 40, then buy the 40! You might find yourself wishing you had 8 months later.

I bought a new 2008 Phaeton and got 25% off sticker in May 2008. 2008's now should be a lot less. BUT - if you have the resources, buy new and get what you want so down the road there's no regrets.

We're looking for a used 2010 43' Bus now.. or will be. HA!

Just my 2¢
stevebxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:09 AM   #8

When we got our 2008 Phaeton 36QSH, we gave a downpayment and fin. for 20 years. We lost our old coach last year, when the repairs costs more than what the coach was worth, (2000 Georgie Boy w/V10). What a difference, it is almost going from an old army tank to a Caddy.

Good luck in your shopping

360HP Cummings
Old 12-11-2008, 07:42 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jcrowder47:
We picked up a 2008 36QSH that was loaded with many extras, that only increased the final price by only $1200. We got a little over a 1/3 off the sticker price, and the monthly payments that we wanted. The dealer even brought the coach to us sight unseen from FL to Atlanta. With no purchase needed. Great price and great service, and yes they need to sell them. So, if possible, find an 08, with most of the opions you want, and go for a 1/3 off or more.

These dealers have to pay the interest to the floor planner every month, so they would like to unload that monthly payment. It does not hurt to look for 08's, you might find one that comes close to what you are looking for.

Good luck good hunting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-11-2008, 07:47 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jcrowder47:
When we got our 2008 Phaeton 36QSH, we gave a downpayment and fin. for 20 years. We lost our old coach last year, when the repairs costs more than what the coach was worth, (2000 Georgie Boy w/V10). What a difference, it is almost going from an old army tank to a Caddy.

Good luck in your shopping </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-11-2008, 07:53 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Hi JCrowder47

I have been checking out a new 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH. The price on the sticker is $189366 down from $230454. I do know we don't pay what the dealer shows!!

Are you pleased with your new coach? Any problems so far and can I ask what you ended up paying for it?

I do have a 2007 Holiday Rambler Neptune 34' diesel, 2 slides at present.

Would appreciate your comments. Thanks

PS This is my first post on this board so I am
working my way thru
Old 12-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #12

Hi LRuiz, thanks for asking. I don't mind, we paid $164k with down payment, our payments are at $1200 per month.

We have had some minor problems that were taken care of in one trip. Tiffin, also sent some parts to me for me to replace, (my request). Milage is at 8.0 to 8.5mpg, with only 4500 miles right now. The week after Xmas, we will be heading west for about 4 months. That will be our first oir change time.

I hope you luck in your looking, give the Phaeton a try. It is a solid built unit.

Good luck and Good hunting.

Jack

360HP Cummings
Old 12-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
JCrowder

Thank you so much for your reply - appreciate the info. It's neat that you are so happy with your beautiful new coach. This is your first Tiffin?

I live on the west coast. We don't have many RV dealers in my area. I haven't been back to do more checking on the Phaeton but I WAS TOTALLY impressed with the look of it and the way it handled and the ride of it. They only had one 36'. Believe it was the same color as yours.

Where will you take your coach for it's first oil change?
Old 12-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #14

Hi LRuiz,

Don't know yet, we should be in the Tucson area durning that time, so if LaMasa is still there, I will take it to them. Since they are a Tiffin dealer. And yes, to your question about this being my first DP. This is my first DP, after two gas units. Won't go back, as the saying goes,"Once you go D
P, you'll never go back". Or something like that.

You might want to travel to Quratzsite, there are several RV dealers there, even Lamasa, (or they were). It might be worth the trip.

Jack

360HP Cummings