Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2019, 06:48 PM   #1

New RV and Insurance

Getting ready to buy new Tiffin Allegro Red 37AP. Wanting to know what an average of what everyone is paying for insurance and who they are using for a similar RV. I know there will be a lot of determining factors. I appreciate any feed back I can get back.
jabradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2019, 07:15 PM   #2

Insurance varies by State (and even location within a State) your driving record, your credit record, age, gender, and vehicle. It will also very depending upon the amount of coverage limits and deductible you choose. I would suggest calling around or using a insurance broker. Miller Insurance is a well know broker in the RV industry. I used them in the past but reciently switched to Geico who has no agents and only sells direct.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:24 PM   #3

I called Good Sam Insurance and was quite shocked. Im 49 and no accidents or tickets and my domicile is South Dakota. It was crazy high!!!
Old 08-13-2019, 08:20 PM   #4

I ended up going with Progressive, at least for this first year and see what they quote for next year.

when I called them, they said I already had insurance with Progressive via an agent in another state for my boat, and that I had to go thru this same agent. I had forgotten about this middleman, as our original boat insurance was thru a different agent. I then did an online quote with Progressive and got a quote back that was good, for a Wayfarer we have and I'm in Texas. Progressive offered full replacement value. My local auto insurnace had a good rate, but they didn't offer replacement value, just market value. and I also tried Hartford, but when I really questioned their quote, it turned out they were quoting from an underwritter not Hartford. So the good reputation I hear about from Hartford, is not the same when the underwriting insurance is someone else. I decided to skip that. They seem to do that a lot in some states, where they don't actually underwrite for RV insurnance, yet the rep makes it sound like they are.

You have nothing to loose if you try an online quote with Progressive.
Travelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:31 AM   #5

I was quoted, online, Progressive (through USAA) $1643 and $1480 (different coverage limits) for a 2020 Tiffin Allegro Red 37BA.
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:42 AM   #6

How long are those rates for? Monthly, every three or every six months?
Old 08-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabradley View Post
How long are those rates for? Monthly, every three or every six months?
Mine was annually, comes out to around $140 a month.
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:50 AM   #8

Best for me here in Michigan was National General with Good Sam discount. If you live in a climate where you will not use the RV for some time, it will be very beneficial to have an insurance company that allows storage only coverage. Not all have this option.
f18sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:00 AM   #9

My yearly coverage through State Farm is $1461. This is for $1000 deductible with $0 for glass.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner View Post
Mine was annually, comes out to around $140 a month.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #11
NXR

We moved everything to here: https://www.westfieldinsurance.com/i...ucts/rv/camper

Westfield is headquartered in the same county we live in and has an outstanding reputation in the community and among customers we talked to. I've attached their policy in case you're interested.

Ray
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Westfield RV_0023_1216v6.pdf (556.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-14-2019, 04:06 PM   #12

State farm since 1970.
They cover everything we have.
Boats
Golf carts
Farm equipment
RVs
Trailers
Home
Everything.
Never a question on coverage and paying up .
Very happy.

I think the Agent you choose does make a difference.

Lowell
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
We moved everything to here: https://www.westfieldinsurance.com/i...ucts/rv/camper

Westfield is headquartered in the same county we live in and has an outstanding reputation in the community and among customers we talked to. I've attached their policy in case you're interested.

Ray
Old 08-14-2019, 04:29 PM   #14

Been with State Farm for 20 plus years but I heard they don't insure full timers. Is this true?

Tags
insurance