Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2008, 08:34 AM   #1

Tiffin will introduce a new Allegro 36QSA low cost diesel pusher at the upcoming RVIA Industry Trade Show. The new Allegro DP will join the currently available Allegro front-engine gas and FRED chassis floorplans. It will be available on either a Freightliner, Spartan, or Power Glide chassis starting at $185,000.
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">.</span>
Explore America is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #2

Hmmm... I wonder if it will have a king-size bed?

<rant>
sorry, I just can't get over how much money one has to spend on an RV to get a king size bed.
</rant>
Mahlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:10 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Tiffin will introduce a new Allegro 36QSA low cost diesel pusher at the upcoming RVIA Industry Trade Show.
Hey Hey!! I just got boosted up out of the brand entry level DP category and it didn't cost me a dime. How's Tiffin for being a great company!
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I want one!

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #5

BOB: just give 'em a call, I'm sure they will find time to make you one.

FYI, EA has posted the floor plan in the thread running in RV NEWS forum, topside. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just break out your check book and a lot people, including yourself, will have a happy Christmas!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #7

AS big a seller as the Phaeton is I can't help but believe this new Allegro diesel pusher will likely be a hot seller right out of the gate.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I believe you are right. Anyone know what chassis it will be one. Is it going to have air suspension or be on one of their spring suspensions?
Old 12-10-2008, 12:46 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The author of this thread tells you which chassis the Allegro DP is built on in his first post! Ans: Spartan, Freightliner, or Tiffin's own "Power Glide"
Bagman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:21 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oops! I hate it when my mind goes off without me. Freightliner has both spring and air DP chassis. That was really my question.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #11

I am somewhat surprized to hear this coach will be available on a Freightliner, Spartan, or new Power Glide chassis at this price point. I would assume if this is so that the Phaeton will also be available with the Power Glide. If I had to guess I would think air DP chassis. We'll have to await more info.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #12

Quote:
We'll have to await more info.
Not for long, at least not here at iRV2.com I've posted the entire Tiffin Press release below, and I've highlighted the parts about the Allegro DP. My guess is that the "base price" of $185,000 is for the standard coach on the cheapest of the chassis offerrings, with the other two chassis at "option" prices. Also, another member "Explore America" has posted he thinks the Allegro 36QSA is the same floor plan as the Phaeton 36QSH, which he has posted above.

RED BAY, Ala --- Tiffin Motorhomes has introduced a 36-ft. diesel pusher in its entry-level Allegro model, providing the advantages of a rear-engine at a head-turning price point.

In addition to the Allegro 36QSA floorplan, Tiffin has unveiled a 43-ft. luxury tag-axle Allegro Bus floorplan with a combination of two popular features: front kitchen plus bath-and-a-half. The new quad-slide 36QSA joins five other Allegro floorplans featuring major improvements for 2009, including 6 inches of additional ceiling height to 7 feet, more spacious cabinetry above and below counters, improved placements for the LCD TVs, larger windows, 22-in. wheels and a windshield shade replacing curtains.

The base retail price of the 36QSA is $185,000, well below typical diesel pushers. The front-engine gas and diesel 2009 Allegros range from $97,300 to $134,050 in base retail prices depending on length, number of slides and chassis. Rear-engine diesel provides the durability, torque and longterm economical operation of diesel power with greater overall carrying capacity (GVWR), a quieter ride and the added security of air brakes. The 36QSA will be offered on three chassis: Tiffin's own PowerGlide plus Freightliner and Spartan.

"As we read the current Class A market, with value-driven baby boomers and 30-somethings interested in RVing, we expect an exciting reception for this coach when it reaches dealers beginning in January," says Jerry Williamson, Tiffin national sales manager.

The front-kitchen floorplan made its Tiffin debut five months ago in a 40-ft. Allegro Bus, as did bath-and-a-half floorplans for the Allegro Bay, Phaeton, Allegro Bus and Zephyr model lines. Both innovations proved quickly popular at Tiffin's more than 70 dealerships throughout the U.S. and Canada.

"The combination of the full bath at the rear of the coach plus the half-bath for guests feels even more like home," says General Manager Tim Tiffin. "We anticipated this new arrangement would be a tailgater's dream, but we soon learned that fulltimers, weekenders and others love it too. Add to that the shift forward of the kitchen creating separation for the living area and you have even more sense of home."

The 43QBP will begin appearing at dealerships in January. The base retail price has not been established. The base retail for other 2009 Allegro Bus floorplans ranges from $275,310 to $330,960 depending on length and chassis.

Tiffin led all motorhome brands in vehicle reliability/quality, competitive price/value, vehicle design and the five other criteria of dealer satisfaction in the Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association's most recent industry-wide annual survey. Tiffin was one of only five motorhome manufacturers to receive the RVDA's coveted Quality Circle Award for 2007. Tiffin has been honored with the Quality Circle nine of the 12 years it has been presented by the RVDA. A total of 527 RV dealers submitted 3,020 ratings in the 2007 satisfaction survey.

In addition to the quality, reliability, price and design categories, Tiffin exceeded the ratings of all manufacturers in parts support, dealership warranty support, overall dealership communications, sales support and sales territory. In the 2007 survey, the RVDA also asked dealers the "Ultimate Question:" How likely would you be to recommend this brand to a friend (in a different market) to handle at his/her dealership?" A total of 84.4% of dealers responded positively on Tiffin, while only 42.4 percent of dealers responded positively for all motorhome manufacturers.

When negative responses to the question were deleted to calculate "Net Promoter Scores," Tiffin's 81.3 percent mark was even more dramatic compared with the 12.2 percent for all motorhome manufacturers. The "Ultimate Question" and the "Net Promoter Score" were developed by Fred Reichheld, recognized by Consulting Magazine as one of the world's top 25 consultants.

SOURCE: Tiffin press release

ED
Old 12-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #13

Here is a paste of the more recent (and easier to understand) publicity about the Allegro 36QSA, compliments of RV BUSINESS:

RV Business
Monday, December 15, 2008

Tiffin Motorhomes Inc. has added its first diesel pusher to the “entry level” Allegro Class A motorhome line, packaging in standard amenities previously only available on the company's more expensive coaches. “It hits a key price point for a diesel pusher and fills a gap in our line,” said Jerry Williamson, national sales manager for the Red Bay, Ala., company, noting the $183,855 MSRP. The 36-foot, quad-slide coach is built standard on the 31,500-pound GVWR Freightliner XCR raised rail chassis equipped with a 6.7-liter, 340-hp Cummins ISB diesel engine. The coach also is available on Spartan chassis and Tiffin's own PowerGlide platform. Upgrades include a one-piece windshield, air brakes, sideview cameras and 7-foot ceilings while the coach's interior is set off by solid-surface countertops, a mid-coach TV and full tile floors running the length of the coach.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #14

Here is a look at Tiffin's new entry level DP, the '09 Allegro 36QSA. LazyDays has one listed as on order, but you can download an inventory sales sheet(.pdf) which has a few exterior/interior photos here . Alternatively, a .jpeg version of the flyer is also available here.
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">.</span>
Explore America is offline   Reply With Quote