Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2018, 04:01 AM   #15

Grand Design Owners Club
General RV— Orange Park, FL. They have been good people to deal with, at least in my dealings with them.
Ramblingpair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2018, 03:19 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
We just bought our "new to us" 2017 45OPP Bus from an individual and we got a great deal on it! We couldn't be happier with it and have no plans to trade up anytime soon. I saw a guy in a Prevost at a rest stop and told him his was the only coach that made me a leeeetle bit jealous, but when you compare apples to apples and see what both coaches have in them, for about 500K less, we think the Tiffin is the BEST! Happy travels!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized_20180217_175354(1).jpg (356.1 KB, 154 views)
Testfly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:32 AM   #17

Grand Design Owners Club
Just my luck, I went down Friday and swapped over from our old coach into the 2016 Tiffin. My DW did not get off work and make the drive before they closed that day. They allowed us to stay the night in the coach and my DW would finish her portion of the paperwork Saturday morning. All paperwork is done and we get ready to leave, the engine light is on. Diagnostics show low fuel pressure. Since we haven’t even left the lot, General RV said they would take it to Freightliner and get the issue fixed. They filled the coach with fuel as part of the deal, and I remembered something the young man said Friday evening. He was apologizing for taking so long as he said the pump was running extremely slow. So, I figure we either got bad fuel from an almost empty station tank and the filters need to be changed out along with dumping the fuel, or we have a fuel pump going out. Anyway we will see what Freightliner comes back with.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:18 AM   #18

wow. bad luck

i hope some smarter and more experienced folks than me make some comments.
if you can figure out who prior owner was, i'd sure try to call them.
and see what they can tell you.
i'd go to the freightliner shop and ask a pile of questions. can they do diagnostic test and will it print out...
do they have a file with history on this coach. can you have it?
if you didn't buy an ext warranty from dealership.... this may be the time to do it.
if any additional problem presents itself, this is time to get it fixed...
i don't know rule of contracts in florida, but i'd find out if you can "back out"
if so, consider doing it but i suspect your time to do is running out fast. maybe a 3 day or something similar... ??
try to play nice on surface with general. good luck and "God bless"
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:09 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblingpair View Post
Just my luck, I went down Friday and swapped over from our old coach into the 2016 Tiffin. My DW did not get off work and make the drive before they closed that day. They allowed us to stay the night in the coach and my DW would finish her portion of the paperwork Saturday morning. All paperwork is done and we get ready to leave, the engine light is on. Diagnostics show low fuel pressure. Since we haven’t even left the lot, General RV said they would take it to Freightliner and get the issue fixed. They filled the coach with fuel as part of the deal, and I remembered something the young man said Friday evening. He was apologizing for taking so long as he said the pump was running extremely slow. So, I figure we either got bad fuel from an almost empty station tank and the filters need to be changed out along with dumping the fuel, or we have a fuel pump going out. Anyway we will see what Freightliner comes back with.
IMO, you may have hit the problem right on the head in your description above. At any rate, it doesn't sound like a difficult problem for Freightliner, or a Cummins shop, to fix. However, I would not agree to take the coach in that condition. It should be the dealers responsibility to fix it.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:49 PM   #20

Grand Design Owners Club
Thank you both for your advice. I will post what the results are from Freightliner.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:45 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats, I really like our Tiffin, very well constructed.
Roger6730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #22

Grand Design Owners Club
Well the story gets more unbelievable. General RV sent the coach to Ringpower to fix the Cummins issue (Ringpower is a Cat dealer). They called and said the unit is fixed and ready—fuel pump issue. We come down and pick up the unit and get about 2 miles from the dealer and the check engine light comes on again as we are getting on I-295. The engine stalls and we come to a stop at the exit of I-10 & I-295. General RV calls a wrecker (we are pouring fuel) and they come and get us and take us back to General RV around 9 pm. After the weekend the coach goes to Cummins of Jacksonville to fix the problem. In the meantime, I call and see if any warranty claims have been made against the VIN, and there have been none. So Cummins replaces the fuel pump, a check valve, repairs the air pressure lines ( the wrecker had to connect his air to the coach to tow), & the replace the seals and fluid for the drive train as that had to be disconnected to tow. General RV picks up the coach and then calls to tell me there is some damage to the lower portion of the front of the coach caused by the wrecker. The wrecker company has agreed to pay for the damage, so it will be at General RV’s body shop on Monday. This is a used coach with 10,000 miles on it. I informed General Rv that an extended warranty should be provided by them at the very least. If it were a new unit, things would be different. But it is a 2016. Any thoughts?
Old 04-16-2018, 03:29 AM   #23

ask for your money back...

i don't think it will work, but i'd try it. but i would stay friendly in the process.

the good news is that general is paying "so far."
the bad news is that it sure makes me wonder if they sold it to you "knowing."

i would also call or better yet, visit the repair facilities and get all of the info and history and comments that you can from the service folks.
again...
i would try to determine the prior owners name and contact info. and call them. and ask for info on the coach... it would aid in your future to know what they had to say. maybe this info can be had through the tag/dmv office.

trying for extended warranty would be my second request after asking for money back.
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:06 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to Tiffin ownership. Sounds like you are getting the bugs worked out at Generals expense. The problems could be why the MH was sold. We all take a chance when we buy a used MH, Car, etc. Once you get everything fixed you will love the coach. I went through a similar process with my 36LA and now travel trouble free with no worries.
In the future if you have any other problems call Tiffin. They will cover everything under warranty. That is why we all buy their product. Best bang for the buck and best warranty in the industry.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:14 PM   #25

Grand Design Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. Will keep you posted as to how everything shakes out in the end
Old 05-09-2018, 05:12 PM   #26

Grand Design Owners Club
They delivered the coach to us today. Looks great and runs great. I spoke with the general manager on Monday about us receiving some form of restitution for our troubles since we purchased on March 9. He basically stated they paid for everything and it was a used unit. I reminded him it had never been in our possession in Georgia. I tried to get an extended warranty, or in motion satellite, or memory foam mattress, etc. Well it obviously feel on deaf ears as nothing I mentioned is on the coach. Oh well, put the negative behind us, and move forward with a great coach by a great manufacturer. Thanks for all of your replies.

Tags
tiffin