Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2018, 06:52 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
New (to me) 2016 Allegro Bus

Hi all,

I am looking at a low mileage 2016 Allegro Bus 45 OP in the next couple of days with the intent to buy it. I've never owned a Tiffin coach before. I thought I'd ask the experienced owners here what, if anything, I should pay particular attention to when I inspect it. Are there known problems with the 2016 Bus that I should look for the dealer to fix?

Thanks in advance.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2018, 09:55 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
There aren't any systemic problems with the Bus line that I've heard about. Just go over the coach carefully and try out all the systems. You can also contact Tiffin with the VIN and they can tell you of any factory authorized work that has been done on it.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:34 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Are you buying it from a Tiffin dealer? I don't know of any systemic problems with the Busses, but in addition to any factory work that's been done you can also check on any recalls that will need to be done. You might also do some research on the TiffinRVNetwork.com site.
David3811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:35 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks David. I bought the Bus today and the dealer will be working through my "punch list". Also, I'm planning on stopping at Red Bay in April on my way back north with it. I'm sure I'll have some things for them to do, and I can catch up with any service bulletins at that time.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:59 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_M View Post
Thanks David. I bought the Bus today and the dealer will be working through my "punch list". Also, I'm planning on stopping at Red Bay in April on my way back north with it. I'm sure I'll have some things for them to do, and I can catch up with any service bulletins at that time.
Just make sure you allow for a long wait time. April is one of the busiest times of the year due to all the snowbirds returning home.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Just make sure you allow for a long wait time. April is one of the busiest times of the year due to all the snowbirds returning home.
Thanks for the tip. Do you know if they take advance service reservations if you call several weeks ahead?
Old 02-05-2018, 10:30 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. Do you know if they take advance service reservations if you call several weeks ahead?
No reservations or appointments. Coaches under factory warranty get preference. They do not deal with extended service contracts.

The service center camp ground and off site locations will most likely be full. You can try call the Downtown RV Park, 254 5th Ave So., Red Bay, AL, (256) 460-8108 and ask for Vicky. She might be willing to reserve a site for you.

You will still need to check in at the service center, and tell them your site number. They will send a pre-service inspector to you to go over your list of items.

I would seriously plan on a minimum of three weeks, and very possibly longer.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:00 AM   #8

Just set up a dedicated bank acct for rv repairs and you'll be set to go. Dave
Old 02-06-2018, 05:31 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
No reservations or appointments. ...The service center camp ground and off site locations will most likely be full. You can try call the Downtown RV Park, 254 5th Ave So., Red Bay, AL, (256) 460-8108 and ask for Vicky. She might be willing to reserve a site for you.

...I would seriously plan on a minimum of three weeks, and very possibly longer.
Wow, that does not sound encouraging at all. One of the reasons I bought a Tiffin coach was that I thought they had a reputation for taking care of customers after the warranty expires. It's rather difficult to imagine sitting in a downtown campground, and paying to camp for 3 weeks waiting for them to schedule you into the shop. I hope there is a better way to get service from Tiffin then that.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:54 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I suggest you call Tiffin and explain to them your situation and when you will be there. Have your VIN number as they will ask for that. That way you will be on their records. April is a while away, so I would think they can get you in.
Enjoy your new to you coach and post some photos when you have time.
kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:40 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Wow, that does not sound encouraging at all. One of the reasons I bought a Tiffin coach was that I thought they had a reputation for taking care of customers after the warranty expires. It's rather difficult to imagine sitting in a downtown campground, and paying to camp for 3 weeks waiting for them to schedule you into the shop. I hope there is a better way to get service from Tiffin then that.
They may in fact be able to get you in sooner, but the problem is your April timing. That's why I am cautioning you to allow adequate time. The service center is extremely busy when the snowbirds are heading south for the winter, and when they're heading home, which would be in your April time frame.

Because of the increase in motor home sales over the past few years the service center is getting busier and busier. In fact as of yesterday the service center campground was full, and this is only February.

Here's a quote from yesterday on the TRVN forum from someone that is in Red Bay
Quote:
About 2 hours ago, nearly full. There are 89 full service sites and only 5 vacant sites according to the office, who also said very busy for early February.

Tiffin has setup authorized independent service centers around the country that you can locate HERE that may be able to help you sooner.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:53 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks, Karl & Bob, for the additional info. I appreciate it.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:06 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewag View Post
Enjoy your new to you coach and post some photos when you have time.
Thank you Karl. Here are some initial photos..
Paint scheme is "Sunlit Sand". Interior has "Medium" Ultra Leather upholstery with "Bamboo" fabric scheme and "Glazed Honey" cherry wood cabinets. Heated tile floor in "Basket weave" pattern, and both air and hydraulic leveling, which should be nice when the dealer gets that working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016ABus_sm.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	500.6 KB
ID:	191449   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180203_155624.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	486.0 KB
ID:	191450  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180206_121316.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	332.3 KB
ID:	191451  
Old 02-07-2018, 06:17 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Nice coach! I recommend you find a service center near you that you're comfortable with and work through them. You don't have to have everything done in Red Bay, and there are excellent service centers around the country. Another option is a Tiffin Rally. There are two more this year (the one in May is sold out) and in addition to being a lot of fun and informative, you can get up to 3 issues taken care of for free. There are also other vendors there that will service your generator, aquahot, etc. Highly recommended.
David3811 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro