Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2016, 08:30 PM   #1

New to us 2010 Phaeton owners

Hello everyone we are the Walsh's from Myrtle Beach, SC and just a week ago traded our Forrest River Gas for our new to us 2010 Phaeton. We are still exploring the various switches but are happy to be here with you folks and hope to ask a few questions of the Tiffin veterans along the way.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2016, 09:43 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Check to see if the big three have been done.
1. Top rail replaced.
2. Drivers side slide out floor replaced.
3. Wet bay replaced. Some of the 2010 model year were done when built but not all of them.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:12 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You will hear of these three areas referred to as the Big Three. You can find out if the repairs were made to your coach by calling Tiffin with the last 6 numbers of your VIN. If any of the repairs have not been made, make sure from Tiffin that you are still covered under the extended warranty and then plan a trip to Red Bay for repairs.

And for all things Tiffin, you might want to consider joining the Tiffin RV Network . Com website.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:53 AM   #4

Best thing I did after we got a used 2012 Allegro 32CA was go to a Tiffin owners rally. A a lot of people to talk to about any issues you have and get a couple of small things fixed if needed for free. Dave
Old 01-21-2016, 03:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
You will hear of these three areas referred to as the Big Three. You can find out if the repairs were made to your coach by calling Tiffin with the last 6 numbers of your VIN. If any of the repairs have not been made, make sure from Tiffin that you are still covered under the extended warranty and then plan a trip to Red Bay for repairs.

And for all things Tiffin, you might want to consider joining the Tiffin RV Network . Com website.

That's great advice.....

The big three are covered for 8 years ( if I recall correctly ) from original date of manufacture. A trip to Red Bay is a must to get to meet Bob and do the factory tour......... visit Swamp Johns and the Coon Dog Cemetery

Good luck with your new coach .....
Belladog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:26 PM   #6

Puk lights

I have decided to change out the bulbs in our 2010 Phaeton for LEDs. I have been having one BEAR of a time getting the lense off of many of them. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
I have 8 changed but there are plenty still there. A couple will turn slightly then stop dead.
tjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:47 PM   #7

Push up hard and turn That's what I had to do
REB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:16 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a 2011 Tiffin 34TGA. Are any of the Big 3 issues described in this thread applicable to the TGA gasser model? Have been to Red Bay but no mention made by techs.
As to conversion of lights to LED's, I swapped out all interior and basement incandescent (incl. hi-intensity map lights and reading lights) to LED last spring. I got a real self-education in lamp base sizes, quality in LED-bulb construction, pricing variance, lumens, color temp, etc. You don't just buy a "12v bulb" any more. I found (the hard way) that if you pay close attention to matching the base size on the LED to the receptacle, the LED's are plug-&-play replacements. All in all, I am very pleased with the results of the simple conversion to LED's and the choices in brightness and light color they afford.
Fancy Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwalsh View Post
Hello everyone we are the Walsh's from Myrtle Beach, SC and just a week ago traded our Forrest River Gas for our new to us 2010 Phaeton. We are still exploring the various switches but are happy to be here with you folks and hope to ask a few questions of the Tiffin veterans along the way.
Don't hesitate to ask any question. Also check out A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Index page for help. You can also ask your dealer and the Tiffin Owners user manual is very helpful. I would suggest reading it a few times.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:01 AM   #10

Thanks. I am reading it. The dealer knew very little unfortunately. I had done two months of research before the purchase so the guy that did the walk thru was asking me questions. Oh well, they were not a Tiffin dealer anyway.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwalsh View Post
Thanks. I am reading it. The dealer knew very little unfortunately. I had done two months of research before the purchase so the guy that did the walk thru was asking me questions. Oh well, they were not a Tiffin dealer anyway.
Always good to do research. I, too, have found dealers (especially the sales people) to be less than knowledgeable of the products they sell. Buying a motor home is not anything like an automobile - not even close.

Good luck with yours and travel safe!
Old 02-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
FWIW - Tiffin is also very helpful with any issues you may have. We are also here to help and advise. Great MH. You will have issues with any vehicle driving down the highway. Don't get discouraged!