Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2016, 09:00 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
New to Us : 2012 36LA

We picked up our 'new to us' 36LA over the weekend. It's a 2012 and we love it. Flew down to Ga. and drove it back to Pa over the weekend. The trip was definitely an interesting first trip.
Prior to picking up the coach we had a combined total of 6 miles of driving a coach. (Demo rides and the Hershey RV Show) It's amazing how quickly you can learn while driving I-75 through downtown Atlanta. Stayed overnight at a KOA in Tennessee - sat in traffic backups on I-81 through Virginia - got to drive after dark due to the traffic delays - add some rain and the Baltimore beltway in order to pickup our car at BWI airport and it was a well rounded trip.

One minor issue with the rear electric toilet at the campground. Black tank showed 1/3 full but the sensor on the toilet was reading Full Tank and the toilet would not flush. After some forum searches, I found and disconnected the sensor wire so we could flush. I still have to reconnect the sensor to see which one is throwing the false reading.

The only thing I am not pleased with it the drivers seat. I'm tall and if I move the seat back for leg room, there is not enough room to lean the seat back. I sit up too straight to be comfortable. The workaround is to move the seat up a little. it cramps the legs a bit but is manageable. I wish I had another 2-3 inches behind the seat.

We have a lot to learn and are looking forward to our next trip.

Steve and Peg.
techdad55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2016, 09:33 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Congratulations on your purchase of a Tiffin coach and welcome to the family.

Check out the Tiffin RV Network when you get a chance. It has a lot of information furnished by Tiffin owners.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:38 AM   #3

enjoy the new to you MH. try to check it over before you head out and have anything that needs fixing, while your home and not on the road. be sure to run the generator often. lack of use is one of the main reasons for generator failure. Dave
Old 11-02-2016, 06:03 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats. We have a 2016 36LA in Northern Virginia. We love it.
The seat position is the same in ours. It only goes back so far before it hits the slide in. You get used to it.
Brianb131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:41 AM   #5

The 36LA was the first Tiffin I test drove and at 6'3" the driver seat position for me was unacceptable. I almost wrote off the Allegro completely assuming all models had the same room. Found out that this is not the case since our 35QBA has plenty of room.
f18sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:06 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Great pick !!! Hope you enjoy the floorplan like the rest of us. (I think you will). TRVN has already been mentioned...........be sure to visit. I vote YES on run the generator often. Drivers seat... DW says it's good for my back. Habit to gain..... When I leave the seat.....move it forward -always.!
Put a Trick-l-start on your wish list to keep chassis battery charged. And above all ...enjoy the heck out of it.

jim
viewfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:17 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Hope you enjoy your Tiffin...

You can always let your DW drive.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:14 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the replies and well wishes. I am already on TRVN as I've been reading and researching for a while.

Viewfinder: Thanks, I wondered about the need to add a charger for the coach battery. Just haven't had time to look into it yet.

Larry: the DW does/will drive sometimes. She'll probably end up better than me at handling the coach. :-)

It looks like prioritizing the accessories will be a challenge. My work schedule is pretty demanding right now so it took me 3 days just to get the blocking right so the coach could be leveled in the driveway.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:42 PM   #9

We actually switched out our seats during our build, but I think they have stopped doing this. Perhaps if you are back in the South sometime, you could find some seats that you like at the Tiffin parts store.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:34 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Interesting thought. Thanks
We are planning to run by Red Bay in about 2 weeks. I will have to look into it.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:54 AM   #11

We changed out for the Pheaton seats in both driver and passenger. So much more comfortable!
Old 11-11-2016, 05:18 AM   #12

We have a 2014 36LA the best move we made

We really enjoy this coach
edstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:44 AM   #13

Hi Steve and Peg; we own a 2014 36LA and love it too. We bought it new, and the electric toilet was acting up right from the start. Sometimes would work perfectly for weeks, the all of a sudden the red light would come on with less than 10 gals in the tank, especially after driving. We bought it from a dealer 12 hours away, so going back to them was not an option. The local dealer wouldn't do warranty work until all their customers were taken care of, so we had to wait for the end of camping season to get it in. So I ended up looking at the wiring schematics for the module, and the yellow wire is the level sensor. So I cut the yellow wire and installed a toggle switch under the sink cabinet by the module. Now whenever the red light comes on and we know it's not even close to being full, I flip the switch and the toilet flushes. I've only had to flip the switch about a half dozen times in 2 years, but at least we don't have to empty the black tank with 5-10 gals in it just to get the toilet to flush. Enjoy your Coach

Kevin & Donna
2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
Calgary, Alberta
Good Sam Life Member
walkerkb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:06 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Electric tiolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by techdad55 View Post
...One minor issue with the rear electric toilet at the campground. Black tank showed 1/3 full but the sensor on the toilet was reading Full Tank and the toilet would not flush. After some forum searches, I found and disconnected the sensor wire so we could flush. I still have to reconnect the sensor to see which one is throwing the false reading....
Steve and Peg.
We've hear this from a number of people. I just happened to read the current edition of Roughing it Smoothly (Volume 13 Number 4), page 84. The answer by Danny Inman: "You need to be very diligent to use the tank flush every time you dump the black tank because there is a float assembly in the black tank that controls the pump in the rear toilet. Most likely you have some debris on the float assembly in the black tank that is creating a false reading that is causing the rear toilet to shut down when the black tank is only 1/2 full."

We bought our 2010 in 2013. It only had 2 owners and both had great service records for us....but we noticed the black tank reeked....They only used our RV part time and then the last owner, only a few times. It took time to get it really cleaned out....

Hope this helps!
harleybill is offline   Reply With Quote