Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: Mt. Olive Shores North......RV community ( winter )
Newbe question........

Hello all.......Newbe here with a few questions....

Just put a deposit on a 2006 Tiffin Phaeton....35DH.......

It will be our first motorhome......after 20 years of boating.
We plan to take it fulltime in 2 years.........and hope we've made the right decision. We should take ownership sometime before the end of the month........and would like to know what the overall reputation is on this model ? It has a Cat 350 and a Allison 3000 tranny.

How is this setup ?
Is it appropriate for fulltiminng ?

Thanks all in advance .........
don-deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by don-deb View Post
Is it appropriate for fulltiming ?

Thanks all in advance .........

You are going to be just fine. Excellent rig for fulltiming! Have a ball and keep the clean side up.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
As the owner of several Tiffin motor homes over the past 15 years, I can attest to their good workmanship and excellent company support. I have never owned a diesel rig, but my gas motor homes have served me well. Phaeton is the number one selling DP in it's class and if the floor plan suits your needs, it will be great full timing rig. And, as DriVer said, welcome to iRV2.

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:40 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome don-deb,
That's a short 2 slide version of my coach. Buy my house and I'll full time in mine. The floor plan has worked well for us. Don't let it sit up waiting for you to retire.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:32 AM   #5

Smile

That is one fine machine. Those folks build a great RV and from what I understand they provide great customer service. It should serve you very well.
I am sure that you guys are really anxious to take it out for your maiden voyage. I'd suggest that you spend a night or two right in your own driveway, if that is possible. Lots of folks that I have talked with have done that and have found that it is a very good way to get well acquainted with the newest family member. Plus it is very handy when you remember that you forgot something essential. Don't sweat it about forgetting something when you do take it out on the road. We have found that about 90-95% of the things we take along and use most frequently are all available in any Walmart or a similar facility.
Good luck. Be careful and have lots of fun. Oh and welcome to this forum.....................
ArmyRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:00 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: Mt. Olive Shores North......RV community ( winter )
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and good wishes.......

We are very excited to turn the page in our lifes and move from 20 years of boating to a life of fulltiming........in 2 years. In the meantime we plan to use the coach almost every weekend and all of our summer vacations...... as we did the boat.....until the big day.

Our maiden voyage should be sometime this month....when we fly down (from NY to Fla ) and bring it home. We plan to make this a 1 week trip to start.

We feel confident in our choice in Tiffin product.....and are happy to be part of the family.

As time goes on Im sure we will have a ton of questions and hope we can get the answers from all you experienced Tiffin owners..........

Thanks
don-deb is offline   Reply With Quote