Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2020, 10:44 PM   #43

They have been incredibly responsive got the Tiffany rep on it, everything is being handled
MMAHARV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2020, 12:33 AM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great. Glad to hear. Tiffin in my experience has been excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAHARV View Post
They have been incredibly responsive got the Tiffany rep on it, everything is being handled
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 07:02 AM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAHARV View Post
I’m working with John he’s been incredibly helpful. Tiffin reps have been on it and taken care of everything. Could not be more pleased as to how proactive they have been. I almost wish I could take the post down as I don’t wanna do anything damaging to the brand.
I wonder if you can rename the thread? If not check with an administrator to see if you can give it a name that is more of a question about your circumstance for Tiffin. In the event nothing can be done, don't sweat it because you have been model poster throughout every since your first post. You could also consider creating a new post with positive thread name for Tiffin describing how they took care of your circumstance. Good luck.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 07:54 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I wonder if you can rename the thread? If not check with an administrator to see if you can give it a name that is more of a question about your circumstance for Tiffin. In the event nothing can be done, don't sweat it because you have been model poster throughout every since your first post. You could also consider creating a new post with positive thread name for Tiffin describing how they took care of your circumstance. Good luck.
Lets be real here... We all know that the manufactures monitor many of the sites. They probably stepped up B/C they saw this one. It had a legitimate start and 'so far' a happy ending. Let it play out as intended .
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:47 AM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ted View Post
Lets be real here... We all know that the manufactures monitor many of the sites. They probably stepped up B/C they saw this one. It had a legitimate start and 'so far' a happy ending. Let it play out as intended .

Yeah, lets be real. Tiffin hasn't done anything unusual other than take care of the customer just as they almost always do...........negative post by a quick to pull the trigger poster or not. I highly doubt this thread had anything to do with Tiffin responding at all.
Reelgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:09 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgator View Post
I highly doubt this thread had anything to do with Tiffin responding at all.
Agreed. Tiffin did a good job of supporting their customer. Tiffin is not the only RV builder who does this. Entegra sent their technicians to my house, 1400 miles from their factory to perform recall maintenance, without me even asking!

That said, there is only one way that I would ever accept delivery of a motorhome: in person, at the seller's facility where discrepancies can be resolved before I pay!
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:16 AM   #49

i jumped to the end and did not read all the responses...
it sounds like you are very financially sound, therefor i have to assume you are a good business person...
rock chips would not be bob tiffin's problem... i would either pursue the dealer or the delivery folks. or just have them repaired at your own expense. your insurance company may assist.

reference jacks/slides... hopefully there will be a tech in your area that can assist. sounds to me like abuse somewhere along the line.

bottom line. this whole post is a learning post for purchases everywhere. and for any brand..
it sounds like you bought a house based on the realtor saying. send your check the house is just fine...
please post your salesmans name and managers name and delivery company so that can be a warning to all who visit this website!
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:57 AM   #50
NXR

One thing I did not see mentioned here is COVID. No way would I be flying across the country right now.

PDIs by knowledgeable people are a great thing. PDIs by a new owner are just product demos, depending on the owner’s level of knowledge.

We did a three-day PDI and left the thing for a month while problems got sorted out (before we accepted the title). On our second trip we developed a water leak under the shower. On the fourth trip, the cabinet holding the washer/dryer partially disassembled itself from the vibration. This fellow had his driven across the country so some of his issues could have been from that long road trip.

Ray
Old 06-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #51

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:05 PM   #52

I face timed this gal in NY who showed me this bridge she was selling...but really folks? Buying a class A RV for the first time is a daunting experience even with a thorough PDI! How did you even know how to operate the leveling system and slide outs? I will be curious to know which were actual warranty issues and which were operator error. I've had a few of the latter even with a PDI and after reading the OM. Then to post your frustration before even giving the company a chance to make it right? That can cause un-reparable damage. Not to mention SOB owners jumping in an saying see.see even Tiffins are bad lol..oh well I'm happy you are getting taken care of by one of the best companies in the business.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:28 PM   #53

Mr Tiffin, I salute you!

To the OP,
I think you need to learn how to complain politely. You want the Tiffin company to be nice and do something for you. Yet you rant in a public forum without giving them a chance. Many other people and companies would tell you to take a hike. Tiffin has stepped up to the plate and leave with honour and their head held high. Nice to see a company with integrity.
Well done, sir.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:32 PM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
Doesn't sound like a Tiffin problem sounds like a dealer and sales person problem.

Your RV traveled over 3000 miles, and your complaining about rock chips.

Hope you get it worked out.
It's a brand new coach, and did not travel to the Yukon. Although your wonderful roads in NM are about as close as one can get.
KC593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:37 PM   #55

You just can't consider an RV - used or new - to be a fungible good - where you order one and get exactly what you ordered like a Big Mac 'cuz they're all the same. Or like bushels of corn.

They're each individually different creatures. And salespeople make no money warning you about everything that can go wrong.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:32 PM   #56

Excellent idea, last thing I want to do was damage somebody’s brand especially when they have been as gracious as Tiffin had. Just was very excited to get it had a trip planned with my family and how to cancel forcing me to eat the deposit money. So I guess I was somewhat of a disappointed child. Haven’t been excited about much in a very long time until this.
MMAHARV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin