Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2020, 08:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
Doesn't sound like a Tiffin problem sounds like a dealer and sales person problem.

Your RV traveled over 3000 miles, and your complaining about rock chips.

Hope you get it worked out.
The rock ships were noted by the transporter prior to pick up. I would understand that those things should happen on the road but they were already on the rig
MMAHARV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2020, 08:20 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I see is as you've got 3 choices:
1. Take it to Red Bay to get the items addressed
2. Take it back to the dealer & have them address the issues
3. See if you can find a local Tiffin dealer that'll do the warranty work, even though you didn't buy from them

That last one may be problematic. Some dealers won't work on RV's not purchased from them & if they do, you'll be at the bottom of the list for service as customers who bought from them will be ahead of you.

Hope you get things worked out. This was a hard lesson to learn.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I see is as you've got 3 choices:
1. Take it to Red Bay to get the items addressed
2. Take it back to the dealer & have them address the issues
3. See if you can find a local Tiffin dealer that'll do the warranty work, even though you didn't buy from them

That last one may be problematic. Some dealers won't work on RV's not purchased from them & if they do, you'll be at the bottom of the list for service as customers who bought from them will be ahead of you.

Hope you get things worked out. This was a hard lesson to learn.

Lori-
Hi Lori

Think Im learning the hard way. My guess it that the Tiffin rep is going to assist me tomorrow.. Heard that Tiffin stands behind their product. Hard to to believe the local dealer won't back me up.. Sad if its true
thanks for the info
MMAHARV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:28 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There are several good options for service for your Tiffin.

Selling dealers are not the source for Tiffin warranty work. There are several service only Tiffin Authorized shops. These are my preference to deal with. I shared a couple earlier in this thread.

There are also Tiffin specialized service shops in Lodi and Redding.

Additionally, Tiffin will often pay for work done by other non-authorized shops.

Plus there is a huge user community to help, with lots of tribal knowledge. These are an excellent resource for usage questions as well as break/fix advice.

Again, I suggest to start with Tiffin phone tech support. Escalate next then if needed.

Good luck.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:51 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Is your coach somewhere safe? You say the jacks are stuck down (won't retract?)

Are slides still stuck out, will not retract?

My 2 cents...

1. Be careful about berating Tiffin. They are well beyond solid, you may wish to slow your roll to get off the information. Lot of us would love to have one.
2. Your problems will get fixed, one way or the other. So this will come to pass. Chalk up any potential cost because you chose to NOT go down and do your PDI personally. My wife and I flew one way to Florida and drove back 1,500 miles. 6 hours PDI and 5 days return trip. I would have traded getting the coach exactly like I got it less the slide and jack not working to save all of that time and money. I found local authorized dealer that could take care of issues like that if I had.
3. Congratulations on your coach (Bus). I would love to see. It has got to be exciting and a tad frustrating with trip planned, but at least you know all of these things to get fixed before travel.

Good luck
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:37 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How did slides damage the MH? Which slides, hydraulic or bedroom?
If jacks will not retract and slides won’t operate. Try a reset . In the compartment on the DS behind the front wheel, locate the shut off switches to the house batteries and inverter. Turn them off for about a minute. Also turn off the chassis batteries at the PS rear compartment at the same time.
Then start the MH, fast idle. Make sure air brake is set, in fact reset it. Make sure transmission is in neutral. Touch the travel, button. Jacks should retract. Then touch air and auto level. Coach should level. Then try the slides. Let us know.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:02 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
This is by far not the norm for North trail, just not the way they do things. Who was your salesman?
Reelgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:14 AM   #22

A local Tiffin dealer should have been able to do a dealer transfer to the local dealer. Then the local dealer would have been the selling/responsible dealer. Automotive dealers do this all the time.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:26 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
A local Tiffin dealer should have been able to do a dealer transfer to the local dealer. Then the local dealer would have been the selling/responsible dealer. Automotive dealers do this all the time.
I’ve never heard of a Tiffin dealer doing this
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:32 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
I’ve never heard of a Tiffin dealer doing this

Me either.............
Reelgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 02:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post

The automotive industry is totally different in attitude from the RV industry.

The RV industry operates like the automotive industry operated in the 60's, everyone for themselves and screw the customer. Then the Japanese manufacturers hit town and Lemon Laws came into existence and the automotive industry changed. Since there are no real quality RV manufacturers and states won't include RV's under Lemon Laws, it's everyone for themselves and screw the customer in the RV industry.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:26 PM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Its not just Tiffin

I bought a new 2017 Holiday Rambler from General in Dover, Fl. On May 1, 2018. The first year they had it for 6 months. There was numerous problems and I would take to them and pick it up and it would not be repaired. I thought as my last huraw I would buy a new one, I had always bought used ones before. It was a big mistake. Now that I have had it for a couple of years things are working good. But quality control is very poor at the manufactures. And the dealers are not much better.
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 02:52 PM   #27

Rock chips are just that... Nobody's fault. The rest is B/S. Everybody berating you for not doing a proper PDI. Really ? More B/S ! This is NOT your fault ! This thing is brand new. What about trust in the 'new' product you are buying ? The real questions is what about the factory's quality control ? Or the total lack of it ! Thats what ol Bob should be asked if he ever returns your call. Could a thing or two be over looked ? Absolutely. But as much and the severity of your problems are a direct result of the factory dropping the ball Big Time ! And if a certified tiffin dealer wont give you any satisfaction ol Bob needs to hear that also. I hope you are better treated then you have been already. Unfortunately this isn't the first horror story i have heard about tiffin
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:55 PM   #28

I try to bite my tongue when I read some of these posts essentially blaming the consumer for failing to do a proper PDI before purchasing a brand new, multi thousand dollar motorhome. In this case, a PDI could have helped if the new owner is a novice and needs to learn how to operate the systems. It could also help identify issues that should have been caught before said motorhome left the factory. However, the RV buying public is accepting poor quality control from these manufacturers as if this is just a normal part of the experience. It is the manufacturer who is to blame when something brand new does not work properly. It is also the manufacturer who is to blame when there is no nationwide service network. Should you ever have to drive your brand new Mercedes back to the factory for service? The customer in the RV industry is stuck between the dealer and the manufacturer and this is, quite frankly BS. We should not accept this. The OP bought a new motorhome from a reputable dealer and expected it to arrive as such. Why should he have to worry about being turned down for warranty service from a Tiffin dealer out west? I own a 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer, purchased from General RV in Dover, Florida and did a thorough PDI. I have had multiple problems with this motorhome and they started on day one. My motorhome is kept in covered storage and babied. In addition...the low retail on my Vacationer is now $64,000 after 4 years. Unless the govt eventually steps in, the screwing will continue. I have owned Tiffin, Newmar and REV products and they all have issues. What matters is how the manufacturer handles them and Tiffin has a reputation for taking care of their customers. We will see what happens when "ole Bob" is gone....Sorry for the negative post...Just my .02. Good Luck.
Jssr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin