Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2021, 04:10 PM   #15

Dave and Cindy are right about same wires. We had so many electrical issues with the 2011 Breeze that I ran duplicate circuits for all the tail, stop, and turn lights including a separate hazard warning switch located immediately right of the instrument cluster. I have no qualms about drilling holes anywhere in the Breeze to get safely over the road.
SAMPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2021, 11:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsons View Post
Our 2018 Allegro Red QRA brake lights have quit working. Blinkers, and tail lights work but no brake. We cannot find the fusebox for the lights. Anyone know where to look. Book says under dash but we are not able to locate a fuse box in the dash panel.
Any help would be appreciated. We are stuck in a campground in northern MI until we can get this fixed.
Hi
We had this problem with our 2009 Phaeton. It transpired that the problem was the waterproof connector at the back of the coach which was not waterproof & had let water in causing the problem. I think it is the connector which takes all the rear electrics when the rear fibreglass is put on. The resolution was to remove the connector & make permanent joints of the cables. Oddly it was just the brake lights that were the issue.
Regards
Arthur.
Arthur UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:18 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Chassis multiplexer issue

So I took the MH to Freightliner for an annual service and two recalls, one Freightliner for the dually valve stem rubbing issue and the other for Cummins fuel rail issue (which did not get done, no parts, have to go back), while I was there I asked them to look at the brake light issue along with my fog lights that never worked, Tiffin said they would reimburse me for the brake light issue because I'm under warranty and it is a safety issue but not the fog lights, I will have to go to Red Bay or a dealer to get that fixed, so I tell Freightliner to fix the brake lights.

Freightliner tell me the problem is my coach is wired for combo turn/brake lights but the chassis is set up for separate turn/brake lights, they had to contact FCCC support who then provided them with some sort of program update for the multiplexer which they installed and now the brake lights work.

I don't know how the brake lights were working and then stopped if the system was programed incorrectly from new but they were, but the thing that really confused me is the terminology that the chassis is setup for separate lights, I only have one turn/brake light with one bulb that has two elements in it, I would call that a combo light but I guess I am wrong. Anyway the brake lights are now working, along with all the other running lights.

Oh and the fog lights not working, the left one is not connected and the right one is not connected properly. And on the way to Freightliner I discovered when I flash my headlights all the front lights on the coach go off, that just started. Someone must have been not paying attention when they wired this coach in Red Bay.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:46 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Ok I just read my invoice again and now it makes sense. The coach has combo lights, the chassis multiplexer was originally programmed for separate lights, they had to reprogram the multiplexer for combo lights. I read that several times and until now I was thinking they reprogrammed it for separate lights but it was the other way around. Sorry if I confused anyone, but I'm still wondering why the lights were working and then the stopped.

Tags
brake, brake lights, light, lights