Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #1

No Right Side Signal at 7 Way

I'm trying to get toad lights hooked up on my new (to me) 2010 Phaeton. Decided to start at the coach and work back by testing the 7 Way with a CURT 58270 12V LED Connector Tester. I'm getting no indicator showing for the right side turn/brake on the tester even though the taillight on the coach is working for both. I've checked for corrosion on the receptacle and the connector going into it, and lubed both with dialectic grease. Any suggestions on where to go from here ??
muleman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2016, 07:11 PM   #2

I'd say contact the chassis manufacturer , to see if there is a rear fuse box between the coach lights and the trailer wiring.

EDIT: Have you pulled the trailer plug apart to check that the wire is properly connected inside ?
Old 06-20-2016, 01:44 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Do you have a Freightliner or PowerGlide chassis? If you have a PowerGlide call Tiffin otherwise call Freightliner. They should be able to tell you the location.

In either one of them, there should be a chassis fuse box on the passenger side rear for the brake and tail lights.

If it is not the fuse, it could be a wiring problem. The fact that the tail light works makes me think that it is wiring problem. I'd take the 7-way receptacle apart and see if the wire is simply disconnected.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #4

I had a 2008 Bus on a Freightline chassis and it had a fuse box in the driver side electrical bay at the left rear wheel. In my Bus, the legend pasted on the inside of the box lid did not agree with the actual fuse assignments, but the fuses definitely controlled the 7 pin plug lines. I just had to use a meter to find my blown fuse. My fuse box was in the compartment with the chassis battery trickle charger and the transfer switch, but I don't know how the Phaeton is set up. A call to Tiffin will get the straight story.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:34 PM   #5

So the latest update on my 7-way issue is that I've ordered and received a new receptacle (Mopar part) and plugged it into the wiring with the same result. Right side coach turn signal and brake light work, but nothing at the 7-way. So it's looking more and more like a wiring issue.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleman1 View Post
So the latest update on my 7-way issue is that I've ordered and received a new receptacle (Mopar part) and plugged it into the wiring with the same result. Right side coach turn signal and brake light work, but nothing at the 7-way. So it's looking more and more like a wiring issue.
The fuse box for the 7way connector is in the passenger side rear compartment. Start there. If you have a signal there, then work your way towards the back until you find the problem
Jonny
jonny33v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:54 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
We had the same problem and it was the fuse in the DS rear compartment.

DICK
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acker1 View Post
We had the same problem and it was the fuse in the DS rear compartment.

DICK

I have a 2010 QTH and my fuses are on the PS on a FL chassis
retiredin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #9

I had the same problem. There was bad contact at the connection pin.
I tried prodding the pin with a screw driver...no help. I discovered that
if I put manual side pressure on the connection the tail signal worked
fine. I now have a small plastic wedge that applies pressure to the
connection and it works fine. Please, don't ask me why...
jvh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:36 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredin93 View Post
I have a 2010 QTH and my fuses are on the PS on a FL chassis
Nice catch. I guess I had a brain fart!!!!!!!

Thanks
DICK
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:46 PM   #11

Thanks

Thanks to all respondents. Found a blown 20A fuse in the F8 position of the fuse block right where you guys said it was. Passenger side rear compartment.