Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2021, 09:36 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nomad Internet

Does anyone have any experience with Nomad Internet? If so can you share your pro's and cons?

Many thanks
OurBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2021, 09:51 AM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBreeze View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Nomad Internet? If so can you share your pro's and cons?

Many thanks

Of interest to me also. A review here -

Review of Nomad Internet for RV travelers
https://rvlifestyle.com/nomad-internet/
Randm Musing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:01 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I have not used Nomad, however, I'll share what I did.

I went to MobileMusthave.com @ https://www.mobilemusthave.com/Mobil...dles_c_44.html

I bought one of their Mobile Internet bundles and a data plan (500gb/month).

It works very well.

I'll be happy to share any details or answer questions if you have any. I mounted the antenna on the roof, far rear cap.... into the closet where I picked up 12c DC from the closet light. I then added a Google Nest wifi to the Pepwave and another nest wifi extension in the living area. The mobile data connections streams to all our TVs, computers and mobile devices.

Mark
Old 12-04-2021, 09:01 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Mark, are you full timer? We are not, and have to find a balance of cost vs service.
The install you mention sounds doable, really appreciate the info.

Fred and Natalyn
OurBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:07 PM   #5

I would highly advise against Nomad. I have used them on two different occasions. When they were fairly new their service was acceptable and their customer service was reachable. I recently started up with them again and have been using them for the last 5 months. I consistently cannot get above 2Mbps download and usually lower. In my current location my Verizon hotspot speedtest is 38Mbps and Nomad (through Verizon) is 0.61 which is obviously unusable even to load a webpage.

I was able to speak with their support earlier this week that acknowledged there could be a problem with my SIM and they would fix it on their backend but was very vague and unhelpful to the process. He stated it would be corrected in 48 hrs which was last night and wasn’t. Being it’s a weekend they are non responsive.

They have become a company backed by large social media influencers. Those influencers back them as after receiving five referrals they have free internet for life so hard to trust any reviews you read and see.
r3842id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:08 AM   #6

When we started looking for Internet service for our RV, I began by reading reviews on the various providers, and quickly eliminated all but the major carriers based on consistently poor reviews. And reviews on Nomad were among the worst.

I did not come across MobileMusthave.com, but based on mkassab's post above, I tried to go to their website. However, the website has been down for the past 24 hours.

We started by adding a dedicated phone to our xfinity wireless account and using the phone as a WiFi hotspot. There is no cost in a month when no data is used and $45 per month for unlimited data (and as low as $20 per month if other phones on the same account are set to unlimited). However, after 20 GB of data, the speed throttles back. Since we use most of the data to watch movies, and the throttled speed is too slow for movies, this gave us 20 GB per month, which was not enough.

For more monthly data, the best deal I could find with a major carrier was through T-Mobile for a dedicated WiFi hotspot, which is sometimes referred to as MiFi. We have a 100 GB plan for $60 per month. We were lucky and got the MiFi device - an Inseego M2000 MiFi - for free.

So now we have 100 GB from the MiFi, 20 GB from the dedicated phone and another 20 GB - 40 GB from our two phones, the latter depending on how much other data we use.

When I looked AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon, none had 100 GB or larger plans for equal or less money. They may offer better plans now.
KenTep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 05:33 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBreeze View Post
Mark, are you full timer? We are not, and have to find a balance of cost vs service.
The install you mention sounds doable, really appreciate the info.

Fred and Natalyn
Fred, we're not full timers..... however, I use the Pepwave both in the coach and for our home internet. I have a second directional mobile antenna I bought from Mobile Must Have and just transfer the Pepwave between coach and home.

Mark

Tags
internet