Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2021, 11:33 PM   #1

Opening up my windshield replacement

Several weeks ago I retrieved my Tiff - after an extended engine repair session. During its 4 months adventure (all without me) it passed thru many (5) hands - before being returned; upon its return I found the windshield was broken. Subsequently I found it also now leaks when parked in a driving rain storm.

Of course no one owned up to it so the financial burden ($500 deductible) now falls on me - and my insurance company.

Reading these forums - while looking for positive referrals (late in the evening my time) I initially called RV Glass Solutions; due to different time zones RV Sol. replied back first.

The next morning I called Progressive - and things just took off. They bumped me to Duncan Systems MH. From there it was referred to a local glass company (20 miles?) - ALL BEFORE RV Glass (Oregon time) opened for the new day.

Thank you's to previous posters who spoke highly of RV Glass but I'm gonna try this more eastern Duncan company.

Coincidentally my current windshield had their (Duncan) sticker on it; apparently they (Duncan) had replaced it once before. Hopefully all will soon be well.
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2021, 10:21 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Hey Wrascal! Sorry to hear your new-to-you RV has some issues.

Our rig would whistle loudly when we got to 62 MPH. These forums suggested it was a leaky windshield seal, and upon inspection, we could see gaps at the edge and bottom. I took it to a shop recommended by a local dealer to have it resealed. They warned me it might crack the glass if they had to remove it, and they wouldn't be responsible for it. I told them to proceed....aaaaaand the glass cracked. A lot.

A call to Progressive for a replacement was in order. They kicked me over to Duncan, who's a division of Lippert it turns out. New glass was ordered, they gave me the name of a closer shop, and I had the glass replaced this Monday.

Glass had shipped to them in a big wooden frame. The firm had it done in about 4 hours. Seal looks better than it did. I haven't gotten it up above 60 yet, so I don't know if the whistling is gone. :-)

Overall experience with Duncan managing the claim was great.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:05 AM   #3

I'm pleased with Progressive and Duncan, the jury is still out of the actual installers.

I wonder if they'll accept Confederate Dollars?
Old 01-09-2021, 08:20 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Ditto on the installers, but....they've been in business for more than a decade, even if they're in a hole-in-the-wall shop. (shrug). They have a lifetime warranty on their work - if it leaks, or whistles, they'll fix it.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:21 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
Where are you?

Took mine to the glass manufacturer in Oregon. Perfect job. Takes 2 full days. 3 nights. Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:54 PM   #6

Where are you?

I'm in LA.
That's lower Alabama; Roll Tide.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, wind, windshield