Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #1

Over-the-door awning

I have a customer who has a 2010 Allegro Open Road Red and wants an over-the-door awning installed. I see the seam for the front cap has to be split and sealed accordingly in order to fully cover the entry door. If any of you have a similar coach with an OTD awning, I'd like to know what kind it is and see a pic of the installation position. Thank you.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2015, 09:53 PM   #2

When we had our 2008 Bus, the door awning worked fine, however when we got our 2013 things changed. Somewhere in the interval between 08 and 13 Tiffin redesigned the front cap, dash and entrance door. this effectively moved the door forward, however, they installed the door awning in the old position. This meant that when the awning was out in the rain, water ran down the INSIDE of the open door. I had it to the factory twice to repair without any luck. At the end or the second try, the tech finally admitted the awning was fitted too far aft and he could do nothing.

When I got the Bus home I took the awning off, relocated the hole the wires for the awning exit the side and filled in the old access hole. I then took a piece of black plastic and carved it so the front of the newly repositioned awning was supported by the carved piece and that piece was fastened to the cap. After the awning was mounted I caulked the whole job and made up a channel to keep the water off the side of the coach when it rained. The whole project took about a day without counting the body work, but I did need to get a new awning mount rail to support it over the front cap and back to the rear over the door.

Unfortunately, I cannot post pictures here, but if you PM me with an email address I'd be glad to show you how the fix looks.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, door