Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2021, 03:00 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I just got rid of my WV ezpass because they would not use it with my MH. They said I need a a commercial ezpass. I did get the FL unipass (epass) which they said works in all the states east of the mississippi and all of FL toll roads. I worked in fine on the toll roads that pay as you go. But did not work right on IN toll road where you check in and later pay for you travel distance. It ended up paying the highest toll for my vehicle on the road. I think it did not check me in, so when it when I exited they treated me lost the old lost the toll card.

I just got the Ipass Illinois version of the ezpass. It work where ever ezpass are accepted and FL. But no monthly or yearly fee's.

The ezpass system can be confusing. Some states give other states discounts and other states don't give discounts. NY is the worst with multiple agencies managing tolls . Some of the tolls out-of-state ezpass pay full rate while other tolls you get the discounted rate. Almost like it depends which state agency manages the toll. No state wide policy.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2021, 06:49 AM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillSD View Post
Is anyone using this model? Is there an extra "administrative" fee each time you use it? I read their site a few days ago and it said there was. but now all I can find are no "monthly fees". Which wouldn't be the same as an extra fee when its used. -Bill
I do. No annual fee. No monthly fee. No usage fee. $14.95 to purchase + $10 to load into your account unless you already have an account with them with at least a $10 balance.

As mentioned, some states give a discount on the toll if you use a transponder and some do not. For example, NY only gives a discount if you use the NY E-ZPass.

I'd like to know which IN road the previous poster had an issue with. It sounds like the Northern Virginia Express Lanes where it checks you in when you get on and when you get off. I haven't had any issue with that here. I'd contact Central Florida Expressway and see if anyone else has reported issues with it.
DznyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 09:22 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
I’ve been using it since before when it was “e pass xtra” , now called uni. There are no extra charges for use or for that matter non use .. period …. Just the 15 buck transponder purchase. There’s discounted rates for some vs cash. You just must maintain the minimum balance in your CTX Account , $10 I believe . Mine auto replenishes in $20 increments but you determine that using one of my cash back credit cards.
I use the toad as it’s registered “to” vehicle and move it to the mh window as we combo travel. NEVER. had an issue and charges the correct combo amount wherever we have gone.

That is Great Information! Now if only they could figure out how to work with FasTrack and the Texas toll booths! -Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 06:42 AM   #32

Anyone know which of these systems offers a military discount for driving up in the Northeast? The Florida Uni pass does not offer a military discount
Old 12-21-2021, 07:42 AM   #33

Maryland

I applied and paid for my Maryland EZ Pass on November 18th. So far it is a no show.
Bobbystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:37 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyFan View Post
I do. No annual fee. No monthly fee. No usage fee. $14.95 to purchase + $10 to load into your account unless you already have an account with them with at least a $10 balance.

As mentioned, some states give a discount on the toll if you use a transponder and some do not. For example, NY only gives a discount if you use the NY E-ZPass.

I'd like to know which IN road the previous poster had an issue with. It sounds like the Northern Virginia Express Lanes where it checks you in when you get on and when you get off. I haven't had any issue with that here. I'd contact Central Florida Expressway and see if anyone else has reported issues with it.
IN = Indinan
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 06:58 AM   #35

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Indiana?
shagphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 08:21 AM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyFan View Post

I just drove thru the i90 portage toll weston Monday. Big bottleneck. The gates weren't lifting properly . The open and not reset. I finally got to it. Ithang openuntil i startedthen came down on the hood... da wife looked it up its been having trouble for sometime. I dont know if it charged me or not..
Ecuador Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 05:08 AM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
PA required that I have an EZ pass since my weight is above 15,000 lbs. I got it a few years ago when it was called a commercial EZ Pass. I did not argue about it. I just got it. I assumed it was needed because PA has much more complicated vehicle classes than other jurisdictions.
Old 12-30-2021, 09:43 AM   #38

Maryland

I finally received my MD EZ PASS. It took a little over a month from when I applied on line to when it came in the mail. My daughter said I could have it the same day if I stopped at their office by the Bay Bridge.

Now I get discounts on tolls in MD. I was using my PA EZ PASS. I Mailed them back to PA. Now waiting for a refund on my PA balance.
Bobbystar is offline   Reply With Quote