RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2020, 02:51 PM   #1

Parking Brake Switch

Second issue that cropped up on our trip last weekend. The parking brake switch has come adrift. It's not totally loose, but has started to move around. Does anyone know how this is attached? Next time I'm at the coach I'll bring a bore scope and go in through the cup holder but if someone has experience with this issue I would like some guidance.

Thanks,
Boatworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2020, 04:04 PM   #2

Mine came loose on my 2018 Phaeton and you will have to remove the panel it is attached to and get in there with a large wrench, 1" or 11/4" to tighten it. it takes some maneuvering to get to it. Good luck..
jkroboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:33 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Mine was that way when we did our PDI at delivery. The dealer removed the plastic panel covering and tightened it. It worked loose over a year ago and I've not bothered with it. It's still secure the way it is, it only moves around in the mounting hole and does not affect the way it works. If my roundtuit ever comes in I'll get around to tightening it up again.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:25 AM   #4

When I tightened mine I put a drop of locktite on it so I wouldn't have to do it again.
jkroboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:26 AM   #5

So is it captured in some type of bracket under there? My fear is that it is going to come loose completely and I won’t be able to release the brake.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:44 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
This discussion finally convinced me to get roundtuit it and tighten the valve. First remove the ten screws around the black plastic panel. Next you will have to use a small punch or screwdriver to knock the roll pin out of the yellow knob holding it to the valve. It takes some pulling and contortions to get the panel away from the dash and lifted up enough to get to the large nut under the black plastic. The valve is mounted through the plastic side compartment underneath the black plastic and really the likelyhood of the nut completely loosening is very miniscule. Even if it did, the valve can't fall through the hole due to the size of the knob. I used a large pair of pump pliers to tighten it and like posted earlier, put some LokTite on the nut to hopefully keep it from loosening up again. Lastly I used the same pliers to squeeze the roll pin back in the knob and valve shaft.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #7

Dan, thanks for the detailed reply. It’s on the “list”.

Tags
brake, parking, switch